XXVIII

3 months later...

Living at maxs for the past 3 months was honestly the best three months of my life. charles had decided that he also wanted to move in and us 3 live together happily. dont get me wrong its crazy living with two formula one drivers but you get used to it. me and charles spend a lot of our free time making music together as he's recently taken a liking into the piano, we had even been talking to producers about possibly releasing a single together. 

over the past three months there have been numerous rumours about me being with one of the boys, truth be told i am not. i mean okay if i had to be with anyone in this world it would be one of those two boys. they are my best friends and the people i feel most comfortable around but i feel like it would be awkward for the other if i was to date one of them.

with that being said though me and charles are incredibly close now, i mean to the point when im having a rough night he sleeps in my room, he comes almost everywhere with me, im making him sound like a lost puppy but that is how he acts, yet it doesn't feel weird, its rather cute actually. i spend a lot of my time in the ferrari garage with him, sometimes i do pop over to redbull as ive honestly became friendly with most teams in the paddock, its nice to finally feel comfortable an appreciated somewhere.

things with lando are well, tricky. i see him practically every weekend, he is plastered on every screen i walk by, he's leading the championship. wether it stays that way we will have to wait and see. there's been a tone of rivalry between them all on track. kika always has my back though, shell take me away whenever she can sense that everything with lando is getting too much for me and she will sit down with me and calm me down. she has really helped me get through these past few months. 

i will admit seeing his face everywhere does break my heart, it does make me wish i could be there with him celebrating it all. i want to be that person to say he doesn't deserve any of this, but he does. sure he's a shitty person outside of racing but he is one of the hottest talents in formula one, i understand why girls obsess over him. i see alll these fangirls screaming how they would die to be with him and it always makes me think about the fact they have truly no idea what he is truly like. even if they did though i dont think it would make much difference. 

ive began to study journalism at monaco university, if im really honest music and me have lost touch. dont get me wrong i love to write, it is my therapy but for me the things i write about right now are way to personal to share with the world. part of me wants to go low profile and just vanish off the face of the earth, i plan on doing it at some point. 

"ness? is everything okay?" Charles called out from behind me. 

"yeah im fine love, why?" i questioned.

"you just seem you know... distant. come for a drive with me? i promise you won't regret it."

i debated on charles offer, back and fourth in my mind but i was eager to see what i wouldn't regret. i got myself up from the balcony and took charles hand as he lead me downstairs to his car. 

we listened to some of our playlist, yes we even had our own playlist, i guess that explains how close we truly are. i had no idea where he was taking me, but charles is the romantic type, he's roses and chocolates and your favourite snack kinda guy, so whatever he had in mind i was probably going to love. 

We ended up arriving at Monacos seaside area. Charles had set up a blanket with loads of roses, scattered around it, and some of his favourite music of mine playing. I couldn't believe that he was doing this for me I felt like I honestly didn't deserve it, but I couldn't say that because he'd genuinely put so much effort into planning this. I couldn't seem to understand why we were here or why Charles has done this for me, but this is something that you do for someone you love. 

I began to question if I should've come, I wasn't even sure if I was ready for a relationship, ready to commit to someone, ready to go through being hurt again if that was possible with Charles, I felt like whatever he was about to ask me was going to be something that would end up in me, being hurt eventually. At the same time, it was Charles leclerc, who wouldn't take a risk with him. even if I did end up hurt, Unable to love someone again, at least it would be him that hurt me. I think anyone will be okay with Charles breaking their heart.

"it's beautiful out here isn't" i cooed.

"it is just like you mi amour and that's why I brought you here to ask you something important..." he added.

"ever since I met you, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on, sure, I was in a relationship, but I wasn't happy. I always knew that I would be more happier with you. Seeing lando hurt you for so long knowing that you had gone missing and I didn't know where you were. I didn't know if I would ever see you again and that absolutely broke me into pieces. I genuinely thought I would never get to see your beautiful face again, my favourite face in the whole world. the face i genuinely want to wake up seeing every morning. Amongst everyone, I've met in my life, you seem to be the only person that has brought me true happiness and made me feel like the best version of myself. I have had the best few months of my life with you being my best friend, but I feel like there's something more than that for us nessa. Would you like to be my girlfriend?" he nervously asked, with pleading eyes.

infect like i didnt need to think this through anymore, everything he said was perfect, the way he worded it was perfect. 

"of course, I do my love, you are the best" i replied, smiling.

we laid under the stars, listening to the waves crashing sharing some of our favourite memories so far and our future plans. lando would have never done this for me.