III

i'm here
@nessabarrett

you looked unreal tonight,
i have to say it
@landonorris

thank you, so did you i'll admit
@nessabarrett

               incoming call @landonorris

"what team are you here with?" he asked, his voice sounding so tired yet so attractive.
"i'm actually not here with a team, im just here singing" i replied, nervous for what he was going to say back.
"perfect, i'll get my team to sort you a mclaren pass, you'll be with us tomorrow, goodnight beautiful" he then ended the phone without me being able to even reply.

i sent a message over to trin to inform her that we would be with mclaren tomorrow. it's almost like my gut feeling yesterday of something good coming out of my show was beginning to come true. i quickly jumped out of my bed and got an outfit prepared for tomorrow, i wasnt entirely sure what to wear. frantically running around my room i decided to go for my oversized black denim jacket, along with a pair of black shorts and a black crop top, a simple outfit but one that stood out. next was accessories, i needed something to make this basic outfit stand out. i picked out my black sparkly bag along with my black boots. laying my outfit out on the massive island table in my hotel room, i checked to make sure my outfit was perfect and it definitely was.

i made my way over to the bathroom, washing my face along with my skincare routine that i absolutely swear by, then brushing my teeth and hair. i climbed back into my bed before giving my phone one last check over.

see you tomorrow beautiful
@landonorris

i hearted the message and with that turned my phone off to go to sleep, because if i hadn't in that moment i'd have found a way to talk myself out of everything.

—————————————————————————

the next morning came around, 7 am and i was already in the shower making sure to wash every inch of me, today was going to be perfect.

i stepped out of the shower, bushed my teeth and applied all my favourite makeup products, paying attention to every single detail on my face, making sure i cover every single blemish and spot, hoping my makeup would sit perfectly on my face.

once my makeup was finished i went back and gave my outfit one last check, satisfied with my choices i put it on. i always felt most comfortable in oversized clothes, as much as i love to wear my tight dresses, my comfortable go to was oversized clothes, it meant nobody could scrutinise the way my body looked and that made me happy. although im not sure why i need to hide away my body to be happy, that's something i definitely need to work on.

i'd been texting trin all morning, she was super excited to be with mclaren today, me on the other hand i was containing my excitement to not ruin my day with the gorgeous boy that had invited us.

a few minutes later, a knock on my door sounded. i skipped to the door thinking trin would be on the other side, however i was greeted by a tall man with dark curls.

"rise and shine beautiful" the second those words left landos mouth i felt a shiver up my spine.
"im awake and ready, wouldn't want to pass an opportunity like today! how did you even find my room weirdo" i questioned.
"i have my sources, are you coming with me or not?" he asked.
"but what about trin?" i didn't want to go without my best friend. i mean i know lando was one of the most wanted men in formula one by girls but i wasn't stupid enough to leave my best friend for him.
"she's already driving there, i asked if i could take you instead" he insisted.

without hesitation i closed my door behind me after picking up my belongings and followed lando down and out of the hotel. i wasn't going to give up the offer of being driven by a formula 1 driver, anyone would have to be stupid to do that.

once in the car i uploaded a photo of my outfit to my story, making sure everyone knows what i'm up to today.

story by @nessabarrett

landos car was beautiful, it's a McLaren 765LT Spider and honestly, i don't think i've ever been in such a gorgeous car. the engine sound was perfect & the car just flowed so smoothly along the road.
i never ever imagined being in this position right now but i knew if i thought about it too much, id panic. maybe it's best to just let whatever happen, happen.

"have you ever dealt with paparazzi before?" lando questioned
"im a singer, of course i have" i replied
"ok good, because it's gonna be a hell of a lot worse here" as much as landos honesty was appreciated, it did kinda scared me a tiny bit, i was used to headlines and articles and tmz, but this is different.

in the car we talked about general life goals, things not related to formula 1, he asked a lot about my singing career and how he's into dj work, i do love myself some music made off a deck i wont lie. made him even more attractive.

arriving at the track, i braced myself for what i was about to experience. thousands of fans lined the gates to the track where we would enter. even fans screaming my name, i was sort of confused but appreciative.
"nessa! lando! can you sign this for me? i love both of you!" one young girl asked, how could i say no? she handed both of us her phone case and a marker pen which we signed it with.
another fan asked for me to write on a piece of paper so she could get a tattoo of my writing for my new song club heaven. i always loved doing drawings and writing things for my supporters to turn into tattoos, it made me feel closer to them.

once we had signed as many things as possible, dealt with more flashing lights than you could ever imagine from paparazzi and photographers, we made it into the paddock and began walking down to mclaren.
"trin!!!" i called out running into eachother and giving eachother the biggest hug ever, you'd think we had just seen eachother again after years, but this is just how pure our friendship is.
"i'll leave you girls to explore, meet me at mclaren an hour before practice, see you later beautiful" lando said as he walked towards his motorhome.
i'm not sure what this man's obsession is with calling me beautiful, but i think it's beginning to make me believe i am...

we explored the paddock, had some drinks and even met some fans, i always loved meeting my fans, it just means alot to me to give my time to those who have made all these things i've done in the last few years possible.

a few hours passed and we were heading over to the mclaren garage. zak greeted us and even completed my performance last night, i did not realise that half of the mclaren team were watching last night. makes me wonder who else was there...