I

it was a sunny bright morning in las vegas, i knew i had to be awake early. i rolled over to check my phone, 6:15 am, "great" i thought to myself.

today was the day of the las vegas grand prix qualifying, i'm performing there tonight and if im honest, i am terrified. i am used to performing by now, ive done countless shows but i cant help but think to myself this isn't an opportunity i deserve. im very critical of myself & i always have been, ive never truly believed i deserve anything i have right now.

i knew i needed to stop being so negative on myself and just get on with my day, so as i always do i pulled myself out of my bed and jumped in the shower. washing my entire body head to toe, making sure there isn't a single bit of dirt on me, washing my hair and making sure everything was completely spotless, i hopped back out the shower and began getting ready for my day.

story by @nessabarrett

i figured out my best bet for today would be to pop and get a coffee and breakfast before i had to head to the track for sound checks and a few meetings. as much as i feel like this isn't an opportunity i deserve, it definitely isn't one im willing to pass on, something just feels different, like something good may come from this? either way its experince and fun & that's truly all i live for and the reason i sing and perform for a living.

i arrived at the cafe, it was a busy morning but im not entirely sure what i expected being in vegas, id never been here before now and i have to say its beautiful, i understand why so many people come here now. i guess what happens in vegas stays in vegas.

it was now 9am and i knew i needed to be at the track for 10am, so i paid for my breakfast, making sure i left a huge tip because that was honestly the best pastry and coffee i've eaten in my entire life, maybe it's a sign that today will be a good day.

i arrive back at my hotel and begin to give myself a mini pep talk about todays events. if im truly honest, ive loved f1 for the longest time, my dad watched it when i was a kid and so did all his other generations since f1 was started. it kinda just ran in our family but i never thought id be one of the people who get to perform there. there was a few drivers i found good looking, but like i said, i have the WORST confidence known to man and i truly would never even give it a shot. maybe thats a bad mindset to have though.

arriving at the track i met up with my manager trin and we began preparing for today. qualifying begins in a couple of hours so most of the people here are preparing for that. so it gives us a few hours to make sure everything is perfect.

a few hours later we are sat in the paddock club watching cars go fast at unbelievable speeds, i truly don't even know how they manage it. it's so much faster in person than it is on tv, even though i am here for my job, i feel like a little kid whose dreams have come true. secretly lando norris is my favourite and he's currently on pole, so im pleased.

 secretly lando norris is my favourite and he's currently on pole, so im pleased

story by @nessabarrett

lando managed to be on pole, it was close but fun to watch, i'm now currently walking to the backstage area to begin my show. i am absolutely terrified right now but i really feel good about this show, maybe there's something out there that's making me nervous...