XIII

"i love you too, lan" i cooed.
taking me into his arms, he caressed my upper thigh and pulled me close, stroking my hair in an attempt to get me back to sleep.

__________________________________

i was awoken by the smell of pancakes being cooked. They smelt absolutely delicious.
I decided to get myself up out of bed and go and investigate this amazing smell coming from the kitchen.

"Good morning baby" lando said with a massive grin on his face, already accepting the fact I was about to devour this breakfast.
"THANK YOU LAN" I cheered, I was so excited to tuck into this.

We sat at the table talking about our plans for the week, what we were going to do and how I was going to go about who I tell that I'm here. That was probably a conversation I should have been having with my management but I just feel like lando is the better person to talk to about all of this considering he actually knows Lusia... even though I wish he didn't know her, it's the past and I can't change it or be angry at him.
We ended up talking about how the situation with charlotte and Charles had got on social media after Charles had announced they'd broken up over a 'situation he wishes to keep private'
I just hoped this situation that we're all in right now didn't end up all over the news and social media. I'm not entirely sure how I would cope if it did.

After me and lando had finished breakfast he headed upstairs to get ready to go out for his daily run meanwhile I took it upon myself to wash the dirty plates and pans up, it's the least I can do while lando has to deal with my company.

Once lando had left I decided to give Charles a call and ask if he wanted to go out for a walk through the streets of Monaco, he knows these streets best being a monegasque so I couldn't think of anyone better to show me around this beautiful country.
As much as the reason I had to be here was shitty, also the fact it was for my own safety kinda sucked because I couldn't be back at home where I had everything... being over here is refreshing and maybe it's what I needed to reset and change.

Charles had called me back to let me know he'd be over soon as he had just finished showering from his morning run. I decided to go upstairs and find an out fit to put on for today. I settled for this.

If I'm honest I don't truly think I fit the 'Monaco aesthetic' but I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to being dragged out of my country to the other side of the world within a session in the studio

If I'm honest I don't truly think I fit the 'Monaco aesthetic' but I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to being dragged out of my country to the other side of the world within a session in the studio. I definitely will be going for a big shop soon thanks to lusia for all the streams on that song!

Charles knocked at the door and I quickly grabbed all of my bits before texting lando to say where I was going and that I'd love for him to join us when he was back.
"How are you feeling?" I asked Charles.
"I struggled to sleep last night to be honest with you, these past few days have been hell, I feel guilty but I also feel upset, I feel lied to but guilty because I feel like I've caused you pain. I was one of the closest people to char and I should have known... I'm sorry" Charles apologised.

I reassured him that no matter what, it wasn't his fault that she was a cruel human. I had to remind him that he wasn't to know about what she was doing as she hid it from him. He seemed to be abit more relaxed after what I had said so I hoped we could move on from this subject. We're in Monaco after all...

Me and Charles ended up walking to a coffee shop that lando agreed he would meet us at after he had showered. I decided to order a hot chocolate meanwhile Charles a cappuccino.
We spoke about racing, what my life was like before here, how I became a singer and what he enjoyed about Monaco. He promised he would take me and lando to some of his favourite childhood spots so I could truly get a feel of this beautiful country.

Soon enough lando turnt up and we must have spent what was two hours just chatting and getting to know each other even more. I felt like most of the questions were directly aimed at me but they didn't know me like they did eachother, so of course they would be. I wanted to ask Charles more questions about his life but I didn't want to seem like I was overstepping, so I saved those questions for another time.

Charles brought up the idea of heading to the harbour and showing me what Monaco is like down there. Of course I agreed because I couldn't turn down an offer on seeing such a beautiful country like this.
Lando walked beside me with his arm wrapped around my waist and Charles walked on the other side of me. All of us heading down to the harbour to explore.

When we got there it was pretty quiet, Charles asked me and lando if we wanted to go on a boat ride and of course we both accepted it. I got some beautiful photos and decided to upload one to my story

 I got some beautiful photos and decided to upload one to my story

Story by @nessabarrett

as the sun started to set we headed back towards land. The boys were flying off to Abu Dhabi for the last Grand Prix of the season so they couldn't be messing around now.
I wanted to be able to attend Abu Dhabi but lando had made it very clear that I couldn't because of lusia. Instead he invited some of his friends to stay for the weekend from quadrant to keep me company. I didn't mind as I thought it was a nice gesture. He clearly cared.

We went our own way after saying thank you to Charles for such a lovely evening. Walking hand in hand down the curvy streets of the Monaco circuit.
"Does driving this not scare you?" I asked lando
"Not really, I never had anything to live for until now, I give it my all and whatever happens... happens" lando replied
I couldn't help but question if him saying he now had something to live for was because of me, I highly doubted that because we haven't known eachother for very long, I just couldn't put together another reason.

We followed the track all the way home back to landos apartment where we made ourselves chicken burgers for dinner. I struggled to eat a lot sometimes but since I've been healing from my past trauma, it's gotten easier. I wouldn't have been able to spend days out like this if I was eating how I was before.

I hopped in the shower, thinking about everything that was happening. I didn't want to deep too much but I felt like I could stay in Monaco forever. It is so secluded from everything and so peaceful. I feel like it's the place I've needed to be for so long...

Once I had finished I headed to landos room, we watched a few shows and shared cuddles and kisses before turning the lights out and heading to sleep.