Bits Of Memory

(No one's POV)

"Rapier, what are you doing?" Swirl asked as he entered into exter's room to see rapier sitting on the side of the bed, watching over exter who was currently resting from the sudden glitch overload from yesterday. "He's been out since yesterday." Rapier said, ignoring my question as he stared down at exter with worried eye lights. "I'm sure he'll be fine." I reassured as I touched rapier on the shoulder. "And what if he doesn't? what if he ends up like- like Geno?" rapier asked, voice cracking as he said the name.

"Rapier, he's not the geno you knew." I said softly, eye lights looking down at the other with sadness. "I know, I know but still, he is a Geno and from what crash told us, he's an original in whatever multiverse he came from. My geno was an original too, before that damn virus took over and killed everyone in my multiverse and him." rapier said as his grip tightened on the blanket that was covering exter.

"I know exter isn't my geno but still..can't I care for him while he's here? Can't he be my Geno? At least for awhile?" Rapier asked with a slight pleading tone as he turned to look over at swirl, eye light showing as he pleaded with the other. "I- that's not up to me rapier, you're gonna have to ask exter about that. After he wakes and is a hundred percent conscious, you can ask." Swirl said as they then started walking out the door before stopping. "For now, let's go eat. The others are waiting." Swirl said before disappearing out of view.

"...I hope I can care for you and that you can be my Geno, even if only for awhile." rapier softly said before they stood up and went out of the room, door quietly shutting shut.

(Meanwhile-)

(Sans??? POV)

'Sans, are you okay?' Frisk signed to me as they stared at me with a concerned look. "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm okay kiddo. Just thinking." I said before ruffling frisk's hair, earning a muted huff from them as they tried pushing my gloved hand off their head, earning a chuckle from me. "SANS! THE WHITE DOG STOLE ONE OF MY SPECIAL BONE ATTACKS!" Papyrus yelled at he raced out of the kitchen, looking for any trace of the white dog.

"White dog huh? You mean the one on top of ya?" I pointed out as papyrus's eye lights moved upwards to see that the white dog was on top of his skull. Gasping as if someone just insulted his body armor, papyrus tried reaching for the white dog only for it to jump off his skull, and out the door. "GET BACK HERE! THE GREAT PAPYRUS DEMANDS IT!" Papyrus yelled out as he chased the dog out the door. After papyrus ran out, frisk closed the door shut before turning towards me. 'Should I text undyne for help?' Frisk signed as I shrugged. "Nah, I'm sure paps will be fine." I said before going over to the living room couch, flopping on it with a sigh of content.

"I'm gonna take a nap. You do you kiddo." I said before dozing off.

(Some time later-)

(Sans??? POV)

"Mm, that was a good nap." I said as I stretched, a yawn leaving my mouth as I sat up on the couch. As I sat down to fully waken up, I noticed that the surroundings felt off..it looked dusty and empty. The lights were off except for the TV in front of me. Playing a glitchy mettaton commercial on repeat. "That's definitely not strange at all." I said to myself, a small nervous chuckle escaping my mouth as I stood up. "Paps? You there?" I called out only for there to be no response. Frowning, I teleport into papyrus's room only to see no one is there.

"Maybe he's still chasing the dog?" I suggested to myself but it didn't help shake off this feeling of uneasiness. Leaving papyrus's room, I walk out of the house only to see that all the lights were off in snowdin, besides the Christmas tree that lit up. Everything else looked deserted and as I walked, I noticed there was no signs of life and that the snow looked slightly grey, making the unease I was feeling worsen.

(An hour later-)

"Snowdin, Waterfall, HotLand, The Core. Even the True Lab and The Ruins is empty. The only other place to check is New Home..." I said as I teleported once more. This time to the judgment hall. Pushing open the door, I feel my eye lights vanish as I see what's in front of me. Frisk, she's standing there with that gray stuff I saw in the snow. No- not gray stuff, that's.."monster dust." I whispered out as frisk turned to face me, a knife glistening in their hand as they stared at me with a smile. And that's when I noticed something else, an awfully familiar scarf laying behind frisk on the floor in a pile of dust. It was papyrus's scarf. The moment I realized that was the moment I lost it, everything frisk was saying was tuned out as I only had one thought. To kill the child, no...the monster in front of me.

When I came to, frisk had sharp bones pierced into their body, blood pouring out of their mouth as they gasped in pained short breaths. "S-sans- I'm sorry." Was all they managed to choke out as their body went limp, the sound of a soul snapping in two sounding throughout the judgment hall. Numbly staring at frisk's dead body, I walk past it and towards papyrus's scarf that had been pushed towards a pillar when the fight happened. Grabbing papyrus's scarf, I stare at it with empty eye lights before tears started streaming down my face, a scream of grief and frustration leaving me as I sobbed out apologies to papyrus, to my brother, to the one I couldn't protect. And then, the space started to shift before everything went black..

Gasping, I jolt from my bed as papyrus barges in. "SANS, IT'S TIME TO GET UP- OH. YOU'RE ALREADY AWAKE BEFORE I TOLD YOU TO? THIS MUST BE CELEBRATED! I WILL CALL UNDYNE, FRISK, MK, METTATON, AND ALPHYS TO CELEBRATE THIS MIRACLE!" Papyrus declared as they ran out the room, nyeh's escaping his mouth as he went. Staring at where papyrus previously stood, I felt a laugh of relief and hysteria escape me. "It was all a bad dream. It was all just a terrifying bad dream.." flopping back on the bed, I close my eye sockets in relief before a voice spoke, sounding like frisk.

"Wake up." Frisk's voice said as I tried to open my eye sockets only to find out I couldn't. "It's time to wake up." Frisk urged as I tried again only for it not to work. "Sans, Wake Up." Frisk demanded and yet I still couldn't wake up. "...EXTER, WAKE UP!" Frisk yelled out as my eye sockets snapped open. Gasping, I grab at my shirt as I feel my soul race in terrified confusion. "What- what in the world did I just experience? A memory? It must be." I muttered to myself as my eye lights started to frantically looking around, unease feeling me as I see I'm in a unfamiliar yet familiar room.

"Is this?" I mumbled as I looked beside my bed to see a familiar drawer. Reaching a shaky hand out, I open the drawer to see a picture. 'It is, this is the room I first woke up in. It looks different.' I thought as I shut the drawer shut. "Wait, my voice? Why is my voice not glitching out?" I questioned with confusion on my face, a mixed feeling of relief and bewilderment filing me. "This feels strange." I said as I touched my throat. "I kinda miss that glitchy effect in my voice" I mumbled absentmindedly as I stared over at the door that led out of the room.

"I should go out. Hopefully none of those dolls are out there." I said to myself as I shuddered at the thought of running into any of those. Welp, time to get up.
____________________________________________

Have a good day and night!

Surprise! After a longish break, I have updated. Hope you like it!

Info:

Exter has unlocked a locked away memory!

Rapier really wants to see exter again but can't due to having to reap some lost souls that accidentally wandered into their multiverse.

When reaper lost his multiverse, his code was starting to corrupt until a portal opened and dragged him in. Leading to him slamming into a dying epic sans which he then fused with unintentionally. Which then led to him becoming who he is now, rapier. Reaper's personality is more there than epic's. Epic's personality only slips through from time to time.

Swirl is hoping that those lost souls distract rapier from worrying about exter.

Crash has fixed exter's voice!

Crash is grumbling about how he hates his job.

Con is watching in amusement at swirl pacing about.

Prosper is drinking tea in the kitchen.