Worried Life & Lonely Reaper.

(Reaper POV)

He's gone. Exter is gone, I don't know where he went or if he's in danger and it's driving me nuts! It's been a month since Exter has been missing and I'm starting to wonder if Exter actually left because of me. Did he not like my company? Was I too annoying? Perhaps... He just didn't want to be around me anymore? I wouldn't be surprised. After all, everyone who I can touch ends up keeping their distance from me or leaves without a trace because they didn't want to be bothered by me.

"Dᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴɢ ʜɪᴍ ʟɪғᴇ? Dᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ᴍᴇ? Wʜᴀᴛ ɪғ ʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ?" I asked while staring at the dead flower in my hand. "I'm sure Exter doesn't hate you or is tired of you reaper. Perhaps they just wanted some space? Plus, he probably just got bored of staying here and decided to go on a adventure! He'll be back to visit soon enough, I'm sure of it!" Life responded cheerily while making a flower crown, sitting comfortably on the garden's grass. "...ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ. I'ʟʟ ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʟɪғᴇ." I said, though my mind was thinking otherwise.

'Yoᥙ ᥕᥱnt ᥲnd sᥴᥲrᥱd thᥱm off, I'm not sᥙrρrιsᥱd. Yoᥙ ᥕᥱrᥱ ᥲᥣᥕᥲყs dᥱstιnᥱd to bᥱ ᥲᥣonᥱ ᥲftᥱr ᥲᥣᥣ.' a voice in the back of my mind said to me as my grip tightened around the dead flower in my hand. 'Tʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʀᴜᴇ, Exᴛᴇʀ ɪsɴ'ᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ. Yᴏᴜʀ ʟʏɪɴɢ.' I responded to the voice in the back of my mind. 'Don't bᥱ ᥲ fooᥣ, ᥕᥱ both knoᥕ hᥱ ᥣᥱft bᥱᥴᥲᥙsᥱ of ყoᥙ ᥲnd thᥲt's bᥱᥴᥲᥙsᥱ hᥱ doᥱsn't ᥕᥲnt to bᥱ ᥲnყᥕhᥱrᥱ nᥱᥲr ყoᥙ. I mᥱᥲn ᥕho ᥕoᥙᥣd? Yoᥙr thᥱ ᥱmbodιmᥱnt of dᥱᥲth ιtsᥱᥣf!' the voice in my mind responded with ridicule clear in it's tone. 'sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ.' I said while the dead flower in my hand got crushed into nothing but pieces.

'Yoᥙr goᥲt frιᥱnd hᥱrᥱ ιs doιng nothιng bᥙt fᥱᥱdιng ყoᥙ ᥣιᥱs. Hᥱ's goιng to ᥴomᥱ bᥲᥴk? Bᥙᥣᥣshιt. Pᥣᥙs ყoᥙ hᥲvᥱ ᥲ job to do so stoρ ᥴhᥲsιng ᥲftᥱr somᥱonᥱ ᥕho doᥱsn't ᥕᥲnt ყoᥙ ᥲnd gᥱt to rᥱᥲριng soᥙᥣs ᥲᥣrᥱᥲdყ! It's ყoᥙr job ᥲftᥱr ᥲᥣᥣ ᥲs thᥱ grιm rᥱᥲρᥱr. Don't ᥕᥲnt thᥱ bᥲᥣᥲnᥴᥱ tιρριng noᥕ do ᥕᥱ?' the voice said while ignoring my words for it to stop speaking. 'Sʜᴜᴛ Uᴘ.' I said louder this time but it seems the voice in my mind didn't hear at all and continued speaking.

'Extᥱr ιsn't ᥴomιng bᥲᥴk. So. Hᥙrrყ. Uρ. And... DO YOUR JOB!' the voice in my mind screamed to me, their voice sounding throughout my skull. Letting out a cry of pain, I grip the sides of my skull while life who noticed something was wrong, came close but made sure not to touch me but my shoulder which was covered by my black robe. "Reaper! What's wrong?" Life asked worriedly while using her healing magic on reaper, hoping to somehow help relieve the pain her friend was in.

Not answering, I stared blankly at the now dead grass below me while trying to block out the screaming in my skull only to find that it wasn't working, the yelling continued. 'GET TO WORK YOU DAMN REAPER!' the voice screamed while my skull started to feel like it was being split apart. 'YOU DON'T NEED ANYONE SO STOP ACTING LIKE A BIG BABY JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE YOU LIKE LEFT YOU!' the voice yelled and was about to continue only to be cut off by me yelling back at them. "SHUT UP! I- I... Hᴇ'ʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ. Hᴇ's ɴᴏᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀs, I ᴄᴀɴ ғᴇᴇʟ ɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴍʏ ᴊᴏʙ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ sᴏ ʙᴇ ϙᴜɪᴇᴛ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ!" I yelled, not noticing that I just yelled what I said both in my mind and in reality.

(Life POV)

I was about to shake reaper's shoulder since he wasn't responding to anything I was saying until he suddenly yelled something that confused and worried me. "SHUT UP! I- I... Hᴇ'ʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ. Hᴇ's ɴᴏᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀs, I ᴄᴀɴ ғᴇᴇʟ ɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴍʏ ᴊᴏʙ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ sᴏ ʙᴇ ϙᴜɪᴇᴛ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ!" Is what reaper said, though I can tell those words weren't meant for me but whoever he was talking to. Not saying anything, I watch as reaper responds to whoever he is speaking to. "I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I'ᴍ ᴀɴ ɪᴅɪᴏᴛɪᴄ ғᴏᴏʟ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ sᴏ sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ, I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ғᴏᴄᴜs ᴏɴ ᴡᴏʀᴋ. Aғᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴄᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛᴀʟʟʏ ᴍɪss ᴀ sᴏᴜʟ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴜsɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴅɪsᴛʀᴀᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ?" Reaper said to whoever he was talking to.

(Now 3rd POV)

"...Fɪɴᴀʟʟʏ Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ." Reaper says a few moments later after he finished talking with the voice in his mind, only to get distracted by life's voice coming from beside him. "Are you alright reaper? Is the pain your feeling gone?" Life asked with concern clear in her tone. "Pᴀɪɴ?...Oʜ ʀɪɢʜᴛ, ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴅᴀᴄʜᴇ. Yᴇᴀʜ, I'ᴍ ғɪɴᴇ ʟɪғᴇ sᴏ ɴᴏ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ." Reaper responded with a relaxed grin now on his face, his eye lights and demeanor not giving anything away.

"That's good to know." Life responded with a smile though it wasn't fully happy. "Reaper?" Life asked while watching as reaper got up from the grass he sat on. "Yᴇᴀʜ?" Reaper responded while turning his attention to life. "Who were you talking to just now?" Life asked with curiosity and hidden concern in her voice. "I ᴡᴀs ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ?" Reaper responded with a confused look only to freeze at life's next words. "I mean before that reaper, Who were you yelling at before?" Life asked while watching as reaper's grin faltered for a moment.

"...Tʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʟɪғᴇ. Tʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ ɴᴏᴡ sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ." Reaper said while turning away and getting ready to open a portal with his scythe. "And that's what concerns me reaper. They could come back, I don't know who you were speaking with but from the way you acted before I know they must not mean well." Life responded with worry in her tone, concern now showing. "Iғ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ. Sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ᴀs ᴛʜᴀᴛ." Reaper said before slashing his scythe against the air, a portal instantly opening up.

"Reaper wait! You can't just-" life yelled only to be cut off by reaper who went through the portal and waved goodbye without looking back, portal quickly closing shut soon after. "You... Why do you have to be so stubborn reaper? Especially when it comes to others wanting to help you? Just why?" Life questioned sadly to herself while staring at the spot where reaper left through the portal.
________________________________________

Have a lovely day and night!

I updated and I'm happy about it!

Info:

Reaper has a voice in his head but the question is... Who are they?

Life is now a worried goat mother.

Reaper tends to handle his problems by himself.

I wonder what Exter has been doing this whole month in Outertale?