The duo flinched, jerking their heads away from the door to face the newcomer. Fortunately, the light had already faded by the time Hyuuga came up to them.

"Oh um... we were just..." Takao tried to explain while thinking of an excuse.

"I was just about to call Seijuro-sama out"

"Well hurry up!"

Taking a deep breath, Midorima knocked on the door of Akashi's room.

"Seijuro-sama, your dinner is ready"

There was a moment of silence before the redhead responded.

"Bring it up to my room"

"But Seijuro-sama, Akashi-sama..."

"I'm busy"

"I apologise for disturbing you, Seijuro-sama" Midorima turned back to face the other two butlers. Hyuuga was already halfway to the staircase. Looking over to his raven-haired soulmate, Midorima found the other nodding at him. Understanding the other's intentions, the megane nodded back at him, signalling that whatever they had just seen would remain as a secret between the two of them.

~Kuroko~

"Seijuro-sama, your dinner is ready"

Kuroko jolted up in shock at the voice of the megane. Crap... I forgot Midorima-kun was outside all this time... did he hear...? No, more importantly, did he see...? Pulling away from the hug, Kuroko looked at Akashi, fear and uncertainty clear on his face. The latter only gave a reassuring smile before answering the green-haired butler.

"Bring it up to my room" The emperor said in his usual, commanding tone, giving away no hints of what just happened. Kuroko was slightly surprised at how the redhead could change his tone of voice so quickly. He sounds as though he had been working when Midorima-kun called and not crying and hugging his new found soulmate. The teal-haired chuckled internally at the thought.

"But Seijuro-sama, Akashi-sama..." Midorima's voice sounded again.

"I'm busy"

"I apologise for disturbing you, Seijuro-sama"

"Seijuro-kun, what if Midorima-kun heard our conversation or saw the light?" Kuroko asked worriedly, standing up to follow Akashi to his work table.

"He most certainly has heard and seen everything. I would say he's deaf and blind if he didn't"

"Then..."

"Shintarou, come in" The emperor ordered, cutting Kuroko off. Midorima opened the door, bowing as he entered. It was clear that the green-haired was feeling nervous from his body language.

"Tell me honestly now. Who was outside my room?" Akashi questioned sternly.

"What do you mean, Seijuro-sama? Who else would be outside?" The megane asked after a moment of hesitation.

"I give you one more chance. Who.was.outside.my.room?"The redhead demanded, heterochromatic eyes boring into the Midorima.

"Me and T-takao... a-and Hyuuga" Midorima stuttered, as if unsure whether to mention the last name.

"Get the both of them here"

"B-but Hyuuga didn't..."

"Junpei what?"

"When he arrived, the... l-light was gone"

"So you and Kazunari were the only witnesses?"

"Yes, Seijuro-sama"

"Get Kazunari here"

"Yes, Seijuro-sama" Midorima bowed once again, leaving hastily. There was a period of awkwarf silence before two knocks were heard at the door.

"Come in"

Midorima and Takao entered, the raven-haired carrying a tray with Akashi's food.

"Thank you Kazunari. Just leave it on the table. Now, I'm sure you both know why you are called in here"

"Yes, Seijuro-sama, I vouch to keep this a secret"

"And if you don't?"

"We will recieve severe punishment and be fired immediately"

"Good, Kazunari?"

"I too vouch to keep this a secret"

"You may leave"

"Thank you Seijuro-sama" the couple bowed, leaving the room. Awkwardness hung in the air as Akashi took his dinner.

"Talk to me Tetsuya"

"Seijuro-kun, what am I now? I mean am I still your butler?"

"You Tetsuya, are my soulmate but you shall continue to act like my butler. I'm sorry but it will be kind of like a hidden relationship because of the rule. Don't worry though, I'll guide you through and protect you if anything happens. Come to my room later after your dinner"

"Okay Seijuro-kun, I will leave now"

"I'll be waiting, Tetsuya" Kuroko gave a small smile, walking towards the door. A light blush creeping up his cheeks.