2.10

★ ⁂ ✦ ⁑ ✶ ⁎ ⋆

"i'll call him..."

sunghoon yawned. "you've been saying that since last night and you still haven't. just text him if it's too hard to call!"

"but what if he doesn't replyyy?! what if he's walking around town and just isn't on his phone? what if..." jake hesitated.

"what?" sunghoon requested.

"what if he just doesn't want to talk to me anymore? what if he's sick and tired of me?" jake rambled, pacing around the room.

the look on sunghoon's face was the most unusual. and jake knew what it meant.

"you know that's complete bullshit, right? he came all this way to australia from korea just to see YOU!"

jake fell on his couch, "but he could be! and honestly i wouldn't blame him, he has been so insistent about his feelings towards me being real back then. but he hasn't said he still feels that way, if he even did! because i can't forget mirae, either."

sunghoon sighed in contemplation. "well, whatever you decide about him, make sure to do it quickly. we don't know how long he will be staying."

realization hit jake once more, because it was true, he didn't know how long heeseung would stay. and it was almost the middle of december. with holidays so close, heeseung could be gone sooner than he expects.

he spent the night analyzing his own thoughts and everything heeseung had told him.

"alright. i'll listen to you."

heeseung's heart picked up speed like it had once before. he was so conscious of his feelings but he knew jake knew now too. why was he saying it again?

"i like you too, jaeyunie. i like you like you."

and jake realized he had made the worst mistake by letting heeseung talk.

"...you do? but what about mirae?" jake questioned. but this wasn't really how heeseung remembered it.

"mirae is a friend, i was confused when i thought i liked her but i am sure now that i don't. the one i really like is you, jake."

heeseung saw confusion and uncertainty on jake's face for one second, then happiness and excitement the next second. what was this?

"but you prioritized her. you know you did," jake said, then it was like he rewound and answered differently.
"i didn't know... so you like me romantically? like i like you?"

"i did but it was because i was scared. and, i do like you romantically jake," heeseung answered. even though that wasn't how it had happened either.

"why are you telling me this now?" jake implored.

heeseung stayed silent. it was like he couldn't say another word. his mouth wouldn't move, his eyes just witnessed jake's saddened features.

"say something..."

but he didn't. and that was something that had happened, only not then. heeseung opened his eyes, his heart beating fast and his whole body in inexplicable sweat.

he wasn't at jake's house in korea. he was in his hotel room in australia. it had been a dream of a twisted memory. he glanced at the digital clock beside his bed, it read 7:45.

"might as well get up now," he thought out loud.

he washed up and got ready, for what? he didn't know. maybe he would go to a museum or a famous park. he was putting on shoes after deciding to go out for some simple breakfast when his phone chimed.

+61 07 xxxx xxxx

hey! this is jake
ah, right. you said you'd
save my number...

hi jake

hi!
i was wondering if you
are you busy today?

not really
why?

i think we need to talk things out
i walked out on you twice
and that wasn't nice
...
i'm sorry

it's okay
when and where?

2 p.m. at park?
it's very pretty there, you'll
like it

alright
see you, jake

great!
see you!

heeseung pocketed his phone quickly, then took it out again.

SAVE CONTACT AS JAKE♥︎ ?
okay cancel

Been a bit less busy lately, I'm happy to say this book is turning out better than I expected!

Infinitely grateful for every one of you voting, commenting and following me 🤗

Love ya bubs!

-nova<3