2.12

★ ⁂ ✦ ⁑ ✶ ⁎ ⋆

"...what? you're... going back? tonight?" jake stammered.

heeseung only nodded wearing now a sad smile.

"but- but why so soon? didn't you arrive like three days ago? ...can't you stay a little longer?" jake started quickly to end with his last question slowly and almost whispering.

heeseung shook his head. "i can't change the ticket. my parents are waiting for me to go to our relatives' house to spend the holidays."

"then... what about us? what about me?" jake pleaded.

heeseung had a lump in his throat, he didn't think the roles would change like this.

"i think it's too soon for me to say, since i don't know how you feel now about me," heeseung cleared his throat.

jake hadn't talked about his current feelings. he had just noticed.

"even if i did know, though, i still believe we need to properly take our time and think about what we want. i have known i wanted to see you and make things right, but now that i have and you are here, and i won't be, well... there are things we need to sort out by ourselves."

as heeseung laid it all down for jake, the latter understood everything and realized he was right. they couldn't just start dating, they were almost strangers now. add to that the tiny detail of over 7 thousand kilometers between them once heeseung went back.

they couldn't do that yet. jake analyzed his options as fast as he could, and came to a decision of his own: he was about to confess once again, only not everything.

he just hoped it wouldn't bring them both more suffering after all they had to heal from then.

"hee."

"yes, jake?"

jake sighed again. the years passed but it didn't make it easier at all for him to express himself. so he just went for it.

"i like you too hee. after all this time apart i thought i didn't but, that day i saw you again, i knew i still did. i still do."

heeseung felt his whole body overcome with joy. one tear fell from his eye and he knew he would be alright.

"hey, don't cry goliath..." jake teased wiping the drop from heeseung's cheek making the latter scoff.

"i'm not, smartass."

"i see that hasn't changed about you. still so rude."

"you're one to talk, calling me goliath as if i'm a giant," heeseung retorted.

they laughed a little, interrupted once more by jake's chiming phone.

"you should probably go, i would hate for you to be late to your friends' gathering."