1.01

⁎ ✶ ⁑ ✦ ⁂ ★

⁎ ✶ ⁑ ✦ ⁂ ★

"hey smart-ass! you've seen the new episode of that anime you like so much yet?" lee heeseung screamed at his passing friend from his front yard.

said friend looked at him and smiled, "not yet goliath! been busy walking layla!" jake answered while petting his cute dog.

"almost done?" heeseung asked.

jake nodded excitedly, "let me just take her back home and then i'll be in your room!"

heeseung screamed at jake running with layla before he was too far away to hear him, "at least knock before barging in!"

jake sent him a thumbs up and kept running, layla had been too fast for him and he needed to catch up.

heeseung smiled at his friend and went inside his house to prepare snacks while they watched the new episode together later. he remembered to buy chocolate because jake loves chocolate.

he stayed in his room scrolling through his phone while he waited for jake to arrive. there was a dm from insta he hadn't noticed earlier when he checked his phone, so he clicked on it and opened the chat a little surprised. it was mirae from his physics class, a girl his age that was really sweet and pretty smart in the subject they shared.

she was asking about some homework that wasn't due until a week from then. but that wasn't why it was weird, heeseung just didn't expect her to text him because of that, being that she's way more invested in school than him.

he answered either way because he thought she was nice and she'd helped him before. after a couple minutes they had drifted off into talking about things completely unrelated to school or physics and were just chatting casually.

the next second, the door opened revealing an enthusiastic jake.

"ah! right," jake said as he closed the door and knocked.

heeseung laughed having remembered what he had shouted at him earlier.

"come in!" heeseung said.

"hi hee!" jake sang.

"hi jake. looks like you heard me earlier."

"looks like i'm interrupting you, what's got you so smiley? is it a video of a cat?" jake wondered aloud as he sat beside the older in his bed and leaned in to see heeseung's phone.

"no, just mirae from physics. she was asking about some homework."

jake nodded, "ahhh right. i've heard about her, i think. isn't she that girl that always does really well? why'd she need your help with something she's already good at?" hollered jake.

heeseung rolled his eyes and offered the pillow beside him to jake, because he knew he liked to hug pillow's for when he gets excited about the series.

"she forgot to write down the complete instructions so i just told her. she wasn't asking for help, and if she was, i'm very capable of helping her!"

jake snorted and giggled, "sure."

heeseung was amused. "you really think i'm bad at physics? news flash, i'm not. i just wanted an excuse to talk to her."

heeseung felt his phone vibrate and he read his notifications. meanwhile, jake wasn't responding anything but heeseung didn't notice. the younger shifted on the bed and hugged the pillow he was given to his chest.

"oh yeah, i brought snacks, here," heeseung gave jake the bowl of popcorn and the chocolates.

he started changing the channel on the tv to play the episode they were going to watch. jake stayed silent throughout the episode, and heeseung didn't spare a glance at anything but his phone.

"i'm gonna go home," jake stated sometime later.

heeseung was startled, "what? but the episode isn't finished yet."

jake scoffed.

"it finished twenty minutes ago."

"oh... well, how was it? did you like it?" heeseung asked feeling a bit guilty for completely ignoring his company.

jake wasn't fazed, in fact he was expressionless, which was something heeseung was seeing for the first time since knowing him.

"it was great, as always," jake added. "thanks for the chocolate. see ya."

heeseung looked at jake in the eyes for a split second and he could've sworn they were glossy. but jake never cried.

"see you!" heeseung shouted as jake waved at him as he walked through the door.

"that was unlike him," heeseung thought out loud.

just then, a new text dinged and he kept on texting until he had to sleep, leaving his friend's state on the side.

⁎ ✶ ⁑ ✦ ⁂ ★

We back!