2.02

★ ⁂ ✦ ⁑ ✶ ⁎ ⋆

"oh, son! we didn't know you were coming today! why didn't you call us so we could hurry back home?" heeseung's mom asked delighted.

heeseung hugged both his parents, "i figured you were busy. but don't worry, i didn't wait for long."

which was a total lie, actually heeseung arrived just as his parents had gone out to eat. he just liked to wait outside his house like he used to do for years, hoping to see a certain boy and call out his name. of course, it was always in vain, heeseung knew it was too soon for him to come back.

he seemed to never lose hope though.

"that's a relief then. let's go inside, it's freezing out here!" she exclaimed opening the front door.

the interior of the house had already started being decorated with christmas lights and ornaments. heeseung stood below the entrance because he knew he'd find mistletoe right above his head. it had always been placed there, exactly where no one could see from the kitchen and living room, since both had walls and the entrance was a long hallway.

the mistletoe only reminded him of what he couldn't have. that which he longed for since he was 18. now, being 22, he could only regret and feel angry. like he had been dealt the worst hand of cards in the unfair game called love.

heeseung shook himself out of those thoughts and walked right into the living room, letting his body fall on the big couch.

"i think i'm going to quit the job at the bookstore. it's boring even though the pay is too good, i don't plan on going anywhere anymore so, i might as well let someone else who really needs it, have it."

both of his parents stopped on their tracks. these news were not happy ones. heeseung had been telling them since the departure of his childhood friend and *newly acknowledged crush (*back then) that he was to save enough money to go visit him. by now, heeseung had worked every vacation and even during school term.

"but, weren't you so close to getting the amount? why aren't you going anymore?" his mom asked worriedly.

heeseung just shrugged, "i've had the money for months. working now seems pointless and so does going there for him. we're..." it hurt him to say it out loud but he sighed and continued, "we're as good as strangers now."

"heard you quit your job. did that also become a burden?" jungwon asked heeseung another day they met by chance on school grounds.

heeseung was taken by surprise from the tone jungwon used with him again.

"no, i was saving up but now i don't need to anymore. why would you ask such a thing?"

jungwon had a skeptical look on his face, "because it wouldn't be the first time you found something burdensome and left it."

"what are you talking about jungwon?"

jungwon scoffed, "i see you still don't understand. i'm late, bye."

heeseung was getting fed up with jungwon's confusing accusations, he really didn't know what he did to him to deserve such treatment.

just as he was walking out of the building he bumped into a guy with stunning korean features. he looked like a doll.

"sorry, are you okay? i didn't see before i opened the door," heeseung apologized.

"i'm fine, don't worry. no damage done," the guy smiled.

"oh, fate," another unknown voice was heard next to the guy heeseung bumped into.

"riki! what are you saying?" the first guy exclaimed. "forgive him, he's not from here, he's from an exchange program and he came from japan. he's nishimura riki. oh and i'm kim sunoo. nice to meet you."

heeseung nodded a little stiff. hearing the words 'exchange program' made his insides churn.

"nice to meet you both. my name's lee heeseung. are you both freshmen?"

the guy sunoo called riki agreed happily, "yes! freshmen!" apparently he was excited because he understood.

"yes, we're starting on january and we came here to see our dorm. um, by any chance do you know where room 126 is?" sunoo asked.

heeseung knew. it was the room to the left from his, opposite to jay's. "i do. want me to take you there?"

riki nodded enthusiastically but sunoo opened his eyes widely, "no, no! we can go, i wouldn't want to burden you. you were on your way out, right? you must have plans already."

heeseung smiled at sunoo's strong rejection, "not at all. it wouldn't burden me and i didn't have any plans. i just wanted some fresh air and i already got it."

sunoo opened his mouth to say something but riki brushed his shoulder against sunoo's and the latter didn't speak.

"we appreciate it," riki said. he did sound fluent so he didn't understand why sunoo had remarked he was a foreigner before.

"follow me," heeseung said guiding them inside.

Gonna be honest with you all...

Enhypen's new cover of i need u by bts is INSANEly good!

Haven't stopped listening to it, everyone did so weeeeeelll 😩🦋✨

If you haven't heard it yet, go ahead!

Love,

-nova<3