2.01

★ ⁂ ✦ ⁑ ✶ ⁎ ⋆

"hey neighbor, got any new movie recommendations? i have too much free time this winter," heeseung asked.

"what about that job you signed up for? have you saved enough money?" the other questioned back.

"please, let's not talk about that. back to the movie recommendations though..." heeseung insisted.

"i do have some. i'll tell you the names."

"go ahead! i'm all ears~" heeseung said eagerly.

"the first one's called decision, it's about a guy that has to make up his mind or he'll regret it for the rest of his life."

heeseung wore a bored expression.

"you're no help jay," he wailed.

jay shrugged his shoulders, "you're wasting your time. i just can't understand why you two didn't keep in touch. it's been almost three years!"

heeseung rolled his eyes, "well, that's one of the reasons under my decision."

"what decision? to do absolutely nothing?" jay alleged.

"exactly. anyways! for real this time, new movies?!" heeseung remarked.

jay had a stern look.

"what? am i supposed to guess the movie's name? i'm bad at that and you know it," noted heeseung.

jay sighed. "you're impossible."

"so i've heard."

jay ended up giving a list of movies and heeseung sat down in his dorm's couch that evening to binge at least three. by half of the second movie heeseung realized what the movies were about: to not give up on love.

heeseung didn't watch the rest of the movies. he wanted something completely unrelated to love, anything that could distract him from that one person that so treacherously stole his heart and went away with it all those years back.

there was no one heeseung could like after. he figured once your heart's been stolen any other heart won't do. so he became a lonely person with just one true friend, park jay, his friend from high school and current dorm's neighbor.

"what a great friend. tricking me into watching all those stupid unrealistic movies," he thought out loud while walking through the dorm's corridors.

"heeseung?" a familiar voice echoed through his ears. he looked behind him and saw none other than yang jungwon looking at him in disbelief.

"jungwon? i didn't know you studied here, too."

but the younger wasn't pleased to see heeseung, "i don't," he spat.

"why so hostile?" heeseung teased.

but jungwon wasn't smiling, which made him a bit intimidating.

"if you don't care enough to at least try to figure it out, i have no plans to tell you."

"why is everyone being so mean? i was literally only passing by you and it has been a while since we spoke. i don't get it."

jungwon scoffed, "you really haven't changed one bit. always thinking only about yourself."

and with that, jungwon parted towards jay's door, leaving a contemplative heeseung standing in the corridors.

Valentine's day gift! 🫂

Did you miss me bubs? 🤭

I missed you...

-nova<3