1.17

⁎ ✶ ⁑ ✦ ⁂ ★

⁎ ✶ ⁑ ✦ ⁂ ★

"he kept his promise. we went out on my birthday and exactly a week after too. i guess i am important to him," jake told jungwon as they walked through the school's hallways.

"jake, of course you're important to him! you two have known each other for more years than we have, as much as it hurts me to admit it," jungwon replied.

"i guess... also, something um... unusual happened too."

jungwon was all ears. jake hadn't told him about him confessing and leaving so he was on the lookout for that tea.

"so, i told him everything a few weeks ago..."

"what?!?! why hadn't you told me?!" jungwon screeched.

jake panicked and shushed him, the unwanted attention wasn't necessary for this conversation.

"sorry, but rude! i'm your best friend!" jungwon lowered his voice.

"well i was hoping to tell you when you were calm. anyways, he didn't take the 'me leaving' part well, like i thought he would. he actually asked me not to."

jungwon raised his eyebrows, "why would he ask that? he knows as well as me how badly you've wanted to study abroad."

"exactly. so i didn't understand but the last time we went out again he said it too. he seemed to be kind of joking but not joking at the same time. i don't know, it was unusual! we were walking around the city talking and the subject came up and he said: 'if you weren't leaving i would bring you here once a month' about the place we went to have dinner at."

both jake and jungwon were a bit contemplative. having heeseung joke about things that way made everything suspicious and jungwon knew, deep down, it was giving jake hope. and that was dangerous.

"jake, you can't let his words sway you. he might be making it up to you, but as far as we know, he likes mirae. i'm sorry but it's true, and we shouldn't forget that. you have to live your dream jakeu, go travel and study." jungwon advised.

jake knew were jungwon was coming from, and it wasn't time to be taking his chances. he needed certainty and the only thing bringing him some was his exchange opportunity.

"yeah, you're right. i think i just wanted to believe that there could be a tiiiiiny glimpse of hope for him and i. he had just been acting so—

jake stopped his words and froze looking ahead, far away from the entrance at something outside.

jungwon raised an eyebrow at him but jake was too stunned to speak. jungwon followed his gaze and he saw what jake had witnessed.

heeseung and mirae. kissing. on the lips.

jungwon turned his head to look at a shaken jake, this was exactly what he feared. heeseung kept messing up.

"jake, let's go," jungwon pulled jake with him towards the opposite direction, walking to an empty classroom. they stayed inside for a bit as jungwon tried to calm jake down.

meanwhile, heeseung separated himself brusquely from mirae. he did not partake in the kiss.

"what are you doing?" heeseung looked around frantically.

"what do you mean? i'm kissing the boy i like who likes me too," she answered happily.

"mirae, you can't just do that without consent," heeseung said through gritted teeth.

mirae looked at him strangely, "but we like each other. why can't we kiss?"

heeseung sighed.

that sigh made mirae's confidence crumble.

"i do like you, but not like that. i'm sorry mirae, but there's someone else... and being with them made me realize how i actually feel about you..."

"but i thought— i thought you liked me." she said desperately.

"we both did. i've been apologizing too much lately, but you also deserve one. i'm sorry for confusing you. i was confused as well. i hope... i hope we can continue to be friends," heeseung finished.

mirae pondered a bit, still hurt, but she agreed to his proposal and accepted his apology.

now heeseung just had one more person to be honest with, but he couldn't find him for the rest of the day.

⁎ ✶ ⁑ ✦ ⁂ ★

😳

chile anw

see u bubs next week 😚

-nova<3