1.18

⁎ ✶ ⁑ ✦ ⁂ ★

⁎ ✶ ⁑ ✦ ⁂ ★

"hi mrs. sim, good evening. is jake here?" heeseung asked once the door of the sim's was opened. he had texted jake earlier but still hadn't heard back.

"hi heeseung. i'm sorry but he feels a little sick, he's in his room resting now," she told him.

"oh, i didn't know. i'll go to the store quickly to buy him something and come back," heeseung hurried and started walking but he was stopped by jake's mom. she closed the door and called after him.

"heeseung, i know you're a good kid and jake's really fond of you," as she was saying this, his heart picked up speed, "but he actually asked us not to let you in... did something happen?"

heeseung was processing what he had just heard.

"he... asked you not to let me in? but i thought we were on good terms. we even went out last week and everything was fine," heeseung pondered.

"he didn't tell us anything either. it worries us because... well i don't know if he told you already but he was accepted on the exchange program," she explained.

"yeah, he did tell me," it wasn't the only thing he said, heeseung thought. was jake's request somehow linked to his confession? was he becoming distant already?

"look, it might be better for you two to talk, but i don't think today's the best time to. we'll be gone in the morning tomorrow for some time and jake's gonna stay here. why don't you come then?" she suggested.

heeseung just nodded. she was right, if jake was upset or he needed space, heeseung would respect that.

"thank you, mrs. sim. have a good evening."

heeseung walked back to his house unaware of a pair of eyes watching him from the house he had just departed from.

jake closed his curtain as he saw heeseung disappear. he let himself fall on the bed and went under the covers searching comfort.

his phone chimed again, that familiar sound he had chosen only for heeseung. he read the notification and sighed. heeseung had texted him that he hoped he felt better soon.

if only he knew.

⁎ ✶ ⁑ ✦ ⁂ ★

Hi bubs!

Had a very long and tiring day... hope you all are having enough rest!

Drink lots of water!

I love u!

-nova<3