Chapter 18

"Mom...Dad..." Donghyuck took a step forward.

Those were the voices of his deceased parents, calling him by his nickname. Tears welled from deep inside and courses down his cheeks.

"Donghyuck, what are you doing?" Seunghan who tried to stop him.

"My parents, they're calling for me."

He didn't stop even with Seunghan attempt to pull him back. Seunghan yelled for the others to come since Donghyuck was restraining him. He forced himself out from Seunghan grasp, wanting to go in further.

"What happened?" Renjun frown, completely shock to see Donghyuck in such state.

"He said his parents called out for him." Seunghan groaned, still locking his arms with Donghyuck.

"Parents? Donghyuck, your parent is dead. I don't know who called you but that is not them!" Renjun yelled, trying to get Donghyuck back in his mind.

"No, no! It's them I know it!" Donghyuck break free from them.

In an instant, a ghoul jumps in front of them, shrieking loudly, accompany with two of Viktor's clan members – they assumed. They snickered a sly grin, one controlling the ghoul to attack them, and the other one targeted the humans.

"Run!" Seunghan shouted, pushing all of them to the side.

Donghyuck shook his head, realizing he was mind was probably tricked by them.

"Donghyuck, let's go!" Sungchan yelled, getting back on their feet to run.

Eunseok and Seunghan was dodging the ghoul attack and help the human to escape from their sight. Suddenly Renjun and Sungchan falls to the ground, screaming from the throbbing pain they felt penetrating their bodies. They curled their body not able to withstand the pain.

The pain shot their bodies like fire, it exploded in their head with blinding whiteness.

Donghyuck was absolutely shocked to see them on the ground, suffocating, he tried to help them but their whole bodies started to tremble until their eyes rolled back.

"Oh, it didn't work on you?" The one vampire who chases after them trying to inflict Donghyuck with the pain by just looking at him.

"W-what..." Donghyuck stuttered, still panicking on helping his friends.

He then realized the vampire was projecting the pain towards his friends. Donghyuck looks around, trying to find something to throw at him.

"You really think you can up against a vampire?" The opponent smirked, teasing Donghyuck.

"I can't but I think my friends could." Donghyuck titled his head, confusing the vampire.

Ten happily skipped behind the opponent, stabbing him with a stake and kicking his head off. WayV arrived and help the remaining others. Sungchan and Renjun was able to breath properly again. They stayed on the ground for a good moment to catch some air.

Donghyuck huffed, he once again felt relieved. Like luck was always by his side – not too long.

A winged creature came snatched Donghyuck away. He screamed as he was fly out to the sky. Ten and Kun chased after him, but the creature was already flying away.

"Oh god, Donghyuck! What are we going to do?" Renjun panted heavily as he too was trying to chase after it.

"It's not going anywhere. It went inside." Kun pointed the creature's direction. It flies directly into the sewage passage.

"B-but Shotaro asked us to stay here." Renjun sighed.

"Yes, you stay. We'll bring you into safer place." Kun tried to convince Renjun who was anxious.