Prologue

127 years ago ...

Minhyung was with his family members having a normal dinner. Small giggles and chuckled was given by his siblings as they were engaging on a funny conversation. Minhyung on the other side kept quiet and gave them a small smile.

"Are you okay there, son?" Out of his trance, Minhyung looked up to his father. His small smile became wider with the question.

"Yes father, never better." He responded which his father simply nodded and turned his head back to his other children.

Minhyung was the first child out of 4. Being the eldest, he sworn to took care of his siblings while his father going away - well to town to make food on the table for their family.

His mother was a seamstress. Just a small one in the village, not very notable to the wealth but she sure does help the people in her village with her needs. And his father was a blacksmith, forging new hardware, iron and steel for the town.

With both of his parents make ends, Minhyung was already 21 years old. He often helps his parents by doing small part times in town but he couldn't be away for too long since his father had asked Minhyung to help to look out for his siblings who was way younger than him.

Minhyuk being the second, was 7 years younger than the eldest. It took his parents quite some time until he gets a little brother as all the three of them assumed Minhyung was the only child until miracle happened.

Following the consecutive years, both parents were blessed with a pair of twins Minjae and Minji. Minji being the only girl in the siblings was very well loved by her brothers.

"Minhyung, are you listening?" Minji waved her hands at her brother who was quite in dazed for a while. "Y-yes Minji. I'm sorry you were saying?" He blinked as he looked at his little sister with a smile.

"I was saying have you heard the rumors in town? I heard that there are people who gone missing every week. "She said with a frowned and giving a small pout.

"How can you be so sure, not everything you heard is true." Minjae interrupts his twin, she just stood and glared at him.

"Well, I heard it from father when he talks to mother a while ago and I went down to the village that evening, I heard the villagers whispering about people are missing in town and how all of them are so scared to go by now." she continued.

During this talk, both of their parents was at the kitchen. Unaware of their children overheard their conversation this morning.

"Shh Minji, you know very well that father despise us eavesdropped on their conversation." Minhyuk said as he placed a finger on his lips shushing his sister and she gave him an eye rolled. Minhyung on the other hand, clear his throat as he doesn't want their parents to come back with them whispering and bickering.

"Not that I don't want to talk about it but maybe we can continue this conversation at our bedrooms tonight. You don't want our parents to be uncomfortable again, will you?" Minhyung said with a very slow tone almost whispering. He assured his siblings that they can continue the topic that they found interesting tonight before all of them go to bed.

Minhyung know very well on why his parents choose to talk somewhere - well elsewhere that is not nearby him and his siblings. One thing for sure is because of their financial crisis but the younger trio always like to find a way to eavesdropped. Well out of concern obviously. They wanted to help but they know that they were too young for it.

Their parents came back with a pudding for dessert. Their mother had made it on the afternoon. A special occasion to celebrate which was actually Minhyung's birthday. But not even himself could've recalled.