Chapter 1

"Mark!" He quickly opened his eyes as he heard his name was being called.

"You were having a bad dream again, aren't you?" the man spoke as he looked at Mark as he pulled his brow together in concern.

Mark rubbed the back of his nape and shook his head. He let out a long sigh as he stared outside of the window. As he was avoiding eye contact with the elder man earlier, the man stood in front of him and asked him again.

"It was just another dream, I'm fine, Taeyong." Mark stated as he looks at the elder man.

Mark – who was Minhyung before currently lives up to the 21st century. He had changed his identity in the early 80's to fit the surroundings and to slowly let go of his past.

Mark was living with the NCT clan, a vampire clan who were known to be living in modest and do not expose themselves to the public. Taeyong was the leader of the clan as well as the man who was responsible on turning him into a vampire.

Taeyong practically saved his life when he was on the urge of death. Thus, years living, Mark didn't wish for any of this as he thought being dead was much better than living in agony for years.

As he had lived for a century, the memories of his past began to fade slowly but eventually it haunted him back when he took a rest.

The NCT clan required to sleep as that is how they managed to save energy and can hold onto their hunger longer than they should. They feed themselves onto animal's blood. Well, they can have human blood as it boosts their strength but they couldn't control their desire to have after that.

"You look awful!" Yuta spoke, he was one of the members of the clan. He sat next to Mark and gave him a squeeze on the cheeks.

"Fuck off..." Mark dodges his face as he gave Yuta's hand a slap. Yuta giggled back as he loves to tease him.

"Yuta, let him be. He had a rough sleep." Taeyong sat across from them, gesturing Yuta to stop.

"We are going to have our annual meeting tomorrow night, our teammates from other places will come down here." As the leader continue, Mark glanced away as he stood up heading to the exit.

"Hey, don't walk out like that while Taeyong is talking."  Yuta exclaimed, while the leader shook his head mouthing it's fine to Yuta.

"I'm going out, tell me again when all of this is over." Mark responded as he glanced at them and continue to exit.

Mark went out alone when the sun was down – ironically, they cannot be exposed to the sun. Their skin will shine brightly and sparked a bit like glitter (I know the twilight reference).

Mark currently lives as a college student. Apparently, he could choose whomever he wanted to be; he is forever being 21 after all. One time he chose to become an intern at an office, one time he also worked as a waiter in a restaurant. Whatever soothes his mood as years passed. But being a student is the most repetitive role he had ever done because he loves to gain knowledge.

Being a vampire in the 21st century wasn't all that bad for Mark. He was gifted with the ability to read people's mind. So, he would know about people intentions towards him, that is why he never had friends rather than being with the clan members. As he thought-

"Hey Mark!" Mark heard a voice behind him, he turned his head as he sighed.

"Hi Jeno." Mark said blankly.

Jeno had stealthily followed Mark, he had always been like that. One thing because he wanted to become closer to Mark and befriended him. They had talked on few occasions but Mark would always left the scene first or just slightly ignoring Jeno like he always did with the rest of the clan members.