Chapter 5

"So, you talk with Mark?" Karina confronted Donghyuck the next day during lunch. 

"Yeah, I was about to tell you guys..." Donghyuck was munching to his meal.

The three of them were at the cafeteria, with Karina having a strict diet with salad because she has a dance audition soon. 

Renjun was having a sandwich and kept teasing Karina to take a sniff at his meal. She hissed at Renjun. She tapped the table to get Donghyuck's attention when he was too focused on his phone. 

"What? We exchanged phone numbers." Both of his best friends stared at him. They give Donghyuck a concerning look. 

"Okay, is he trying to flirt with you or..." Karina asked, not to sound to worry. 

"Karina, we're friends. I mean I can have other friends too. Besides, he seems nice." 

"He is, I mean he looks nice. It's just that the girls here are swooning over him." Karina said. 

Renjun was nodding to Karina's word, agreeing. They don't want Donghyuck to get hurt by other people's actions or words. 

Donghyuck rested his chin on the table. The whole college knew he was gay, he just doesn't want people to get the wrong idea of him wanting to be friends with Mark. He even noticed that Mark himself doesn't even interact or communicate with other students as well. 

He thinks the girls were all blind to like someone as private as Mark. 

And what if Mark hated people like him? He covered his face with his palm, rubbing on it. He groaned looking at Karina who patted his back gently. 

It's not like they were active in texting each other too. After the missed call of last night. Donghyuck didn't receive any text from Mark. He was scrolling down and refreshing his phone for nothing. 

He was afraid to initiate the text too. He doesn't one Mark to see him as desperate. But wait, Mark was the one who exchanged their numbers first. And Mark actually introduces and talks to him first.

"Did he text you? You're keep looking as if your life depends on it." Karina pointed at Donghyuck phone, where it was held close by his chest with the screen unlocked. 

"Well no. Maybe he's busy." He placed his phone down, turning the screen on.  He doesn't see Mark any near the college too. 

Suddenly he received a notification, both of them leaned over and read the message. 

Mark Lee:

Hey, sorry I took too long to text, are you at college today?

Donghyuck gasped. He looked at Karina as he wiggled his body in excitement. He snatches his phone immediately before Karina could tease him. He started to reply to Mark's text. 

Me:

No worries 🤭

Yes, I'm at the cafeteria. 

Mark Lee: 

I'm in the music room. 

Me: 

Oh, did you have your lunch already? Care to join us? 

Mark Lee:

No thank you, I'm full. Would you like to join me at the music room instead? 

"What is he saying?" Karina peeked at his phone. Donghyuck quickly locked his screen and kept his phone away.