CHAPTER 14

I wish I wasn't at home. I hated being at home when the school is still in session. I pleaded with my sister not to tell my mom about my suspension. She just gave me a nod.
   I missed lily and maybe Chris... My head couldn't complete the sentence because it felt strange to miss a boy. There was nothing to do at home, so I decided to stroll down to lily's street.

"Hey!" A voice behind me called. Strange shivers came into my body. Not bothering to look behind, I fastened my pace. The voice sounded familiar and it still sounded unfamiliar.  "Hey." Regrets began engulfing me. Right now I wished to be at home. What made it more frightening is the fact that the road is always lonely.

"Kelly!." And I finally turned back.

"Ooh! It's you." I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Yeah." Henry replied. I'm sure you all remember Henry. Henry and Sandy. The one pinned with unrequited love. So painful.

"You scared me. What are you doing here?."

"Our class boys are going for a match against another school. Coach Stephens is already there."

"Okay."

"You can come to watch the match."

"No I'm good."

"If you say so. They are also coming " he pointed at his back.

"They...who?."

"The class boys."

"Ooh."

    Henry and I had a little chit chat and he continued his journey. I kept strolling around until I heard voices. I guessed it was my  class boys, so I hid behind a tree.
     " It seems they have gone far." I said aloud whilst coming out of my spot.

"Hello it's Christopher." I turned to take a look and I got hit on my toe with a large branch which made me fall with my butt.

"Ouch."

"Sorry I scared you." He stretched his hands towards me.

"We are playing a football match against another school."

"Yeah yeah, I know. Henry already told me."

"So, I want you to come with me."

"No."

"What's your reason?."

"Mmm, I don't feel like going and besides I'm only wearing shorts and I am not putting on a bra and...What is wrong with me? I screamed in my head.
    As soon as I said that, Christopher's eyes quickly landed on my shorts, then on my breasts. I quickly turned inorder to contain the embarrassment.

"You...y..do look okay. Besides I have a jacket with me." He handed it over to me.

"I still don't want to go." I murmured.

"Just come with me." And he dragged me along.

* * *

It's been like 30 minutes or more but we haven't still gotten to the school in question. I wanted to utter a word but decided against it. When it was up to an hour, I couldn't take it anymore.

"Christopher Aiden Tall. I am tired and it's about to rain." I complained

"We are not going to the match."

"What!!?."

"I felt like walking around and lately I have been going through a lot. I ..

"It's okay. You can talk to me." I said in a softer tone even though it was a lame excuse to me.

"Okay...so I've been figuring how to tell you this. I really really like...

"Please don't say it." I replied in a shaky breath. Though I had no idea what he wanted to say.

"I like...

"No...

"I like watching watching Animes."

"Ooh."

"I overheard when you were telling lily you hate Animes and wonder what kind of human watches them. Well I just wanted you to know that I love Animes. It took a lot of courage to tell you this. What were your expecting me to say?." Christopher asked while he strode towards me.

"Nothing."

"Really?."

"Okay if you say so. But you know I really missed you."

"Stop saying that. The trees have ears."

"I missed you." He shouted and turned it into a song.

"My legs are hurting me."

"Come here." He said.

"What."

"Just come."

  As I came forward, he swiftly but warily carried me. I threw my legs in different directions in an attempt for him to put me down but he didn't even care to listen.

* * *

Christopher accompanied me to my street. It was 18:30pm. I didn't want him to figure out  the exact location of my house.

"Good night. You should go home now."

"Yeah I should. I have something for you."

"What's that?." I asked.

"It's a surprise. Close your eyes."

"I don't trust you enough to close my eyes and I don't like the idea of you carrying me with out my permission." I frowned.

"I'm sorry. But still close your eyes."

  I finally agreed to close my eyes. Christopher pecked my cheeks and my eyes flew open. He just stared at me. I ran away.

I got home ten minutes later and my phone vibrates inside my pocket. When I take it out, I see a message from Christopher.

Christopher✌️:

Good night Kelly. I didn't really peck you. I was just trying to remove something from your face. Just hang in there. It's just one week to get over the suspension. I can't wait to see you at school. And again hold on to my jacket 😊.

He pecked me and claims to remove something from my face with his mouth. So lame. Perhaps he was speaking the truth. 
I lay down on my bed and thought. I hope he wasn't falling for me or should I say, I hope I wasn't falling for him.