CHAPTER 5

It was a Tuesday morning. Usually Tuesdays aren't so difficult compared to Mondays. My Mom goes out every Tuesday morning for regular check up with Aisha. Lest I forget, Aisha is an autistic patient and it's kind of hard for her to do literally anything. She struggles with her speech and movements and the rest. My Mom's former colleague when she was working at a diner owns a school specially for autistic patients. She would enroll her today. I was glad she would be moving on to a much better place because Schleiden's Academy is definitely not for her.
       Nevertheless, I managed to roll myself out of bed to my bathroom. I remembered Christopher. And I made up my mind to politely decline if he asks me for a tour around the school because am not in for Sandy's problem.

     ''kelly" my sister yelled. "its 15 minutes past eight. Aren't you leaving for school today?."

"I would be right there." I hurriedly took out anything I could possibly get my hands on and I wore it. I didn't leave my coat behind. Mehn! Literature was the first lesson and I was late. Sighing, I knew it was going to be a long day.

    My sister was patient enough to wait for me. She works at a diner just like my Mom used to. I couldn't stop staring at my sister. I guessed she noticed.
    "What?."
"I can't believe your driving me to school." A smile graced her lips. Klara had bad record when it came to driving. So the whole idea of her driving me to school was so amusing.

     Finally am here. I stared at the tall building in front of me. I have become accustomed to seeing it every day so it wasn't so captivating for me unlike when I was still a newbie. Another boring and long day in this school. If not for the companion I got from lily I doubt if I would be able to survive. I remembered telling my Mom about dropping out of school and she didn't say a word. In-fact to cut it all short, I got the worst beating of my life at night so talking about that would require a lot of courage.

  I could hear miss Charlotte voice from the hallway. I didn't know if I should turn and go to the library or maybe should I  go to the restroom. I was so confused. I almost reached the class when I heard miss Charlotte saying. "Inform Kelly to see me later so I can give her the assignment on poem." On hearing this, both my hands, my feet said no,no,no . There is no way am going in there. I hated literature and what could be worse than poems. I retreated to the restroom.

    Being in the restroom for hours made me feel slightly nauseous. I was about turning the handle when I heard Sandy's voice and I stayed still. Sandy is a bully and I don't like her one bit. I clearly remembered when I came to this Academy. I asked her to assist me in carrying some books as she was my assistant. I was the class president then. Remember when I said I hated literature. Yes I do but I am good at other subjects except biology of course. Where was I? I asked her but she pushed the books off my hands and made me fall. Ever since then I detest her to the core. I didn't just detest her, but her thugs. Like who in his/her right senses shows off such disgusting attitude. Like who? I stayed still while I eavesdropped .

  "I tried talking to Christopher but it feels like am invisible to him." Sandy said.
"I wouldn't blame him. I think it was Sharon's voice. Sharon was such a beautiful girl with nice figure. I wondered why she wasn't decent.

   "Did you notice the way he laughed with kelly. He has such a charming smile. " David chirped in. How on earth will a boy be in this group. That still perplexes me. Like why should a fellow boy be jealous of another boy when it was supposed to be a girl thing.

"Speaking of Kelly, I haven't s... And I couldn't hear their voices again. It seems they were gone.

* * *
   I grabbed my phone from my bag and I saw 17 missed calls from lily. I slowly put the phone inside my bag. When I entered the class, it dawned on me that I was late for chemistry lessons. I shouldn't have come to school today. I thought

"Miss Kelly please partner up with Christopher" and I couldn't help but look in his direction. I noticed the small smile that plastered on his face which was quick enough to disappear.

"Everyone please move to the chemistry lab." I was taken aback by the hands that drew me and a voice said

"Where have you been?." It was Lily's.
"After school. Let's talk." And with that she left to meet her partner Roger. Her and Roger were pretty close and surprisingly it didn't seem to affect me even though I was her best friend.

Today, we are going to be dealing with conc  H2SO4 [ concentrated tetraoxosulphate (VI) ]

"Kelly please bring the beaker forward." Immediately Mr Joel poured it into the beaker, The harsh smell made me so weak and i suddenly remembered that I was asthmatic. I almost fell to the ground but thankfully Christopher was quick enough to catch me. My eyelids were too heavy to handle and I guess it was some sort of black out and I was seriously catching and finding my breath.