CHAPTER 6

"Kelly, Kelly" was all I heard before I passed out. I thought I was even going to die!. My aunt died of asthma and you could call it a hereditary illness or something like that.
My breathing normalised moments back and I felt so famished. Klara was beside me.

"Hey how do you feel?." She asked
"I feel like my chest is falling."

I knew she wanted to scold me so badly for not carrying my inhaler but she didn't because of my state. It wasn't really my fault. I can't even remember the last time I had an asthma attack, so I never bothered to carry an inhaler. Klara face felt so pale. Am sure she didn't inform my Mom. She always shouldered most responsibilities.

"Where's Mom?." I managed to ask

"She's staying at grandpa's place with Aisha and kristhiana."

"Am going upstairs." She announced.

I heated up water for myself and I soaked in the bath tub. I headed to Klara's room .

"Hey." I shouted but I lowered my voice when I found her sleeping peacefully on the mattress. She was exhausted. I quietly went back to my room.

I got my phone from my bag and plugged the charger in. I turned on my mobile data and received a message from Lily.

Lily B: hey hafa Elly are u ok.

I quickly replied to the message.

"Yeah am ok"

Lest I forget, lily sometimes calls me Elly and I call her lily. Though it's lily B on my phone.

The next message that came in threw me off balance.

Lily B: Am outside come open up"

Me: wait are u serious

Lily B: yeah 😊.

Her message threw me off balance but I wasn't really surprised. I remembered when we were still little and I had my Asthma attack, she insisted and told her parents she wanted to see me but they refused stating it would be inconvenient and it was late. She sneaked to my room through my window and slept there. You don't even need to know the full details because it's so hilarious.

I immediately stood up to open the front door.

"Hey girl." "I felt sorry I left . At least I could....."
I wasn't really listening to her because every where was dark . We needed to find our way back. Lily's phone just went off. It was easier to find your way when coming downstairs but going upstairs was a no for me.
We finally found our way to the room. It was dark and it was raining. I really loved it when it rained and we just went under the blankets and she said.

"Are you about to sleep?."

"Yeah."
"Okay. I wanted to say something but I guess I will tell you tomorrow."

"You can go ahead and say it. I urged her. But I guess I will tell you tomorrow."

"Okay. I gave Christopher Aiden your phone number."

"You did what?." And I immediately got up from my bed.

"I said..."

"No,no,no,no I heard you. Why would you give him. No forget about him. Why did you give him my number without my knowledge?." Right now I don't know what am saying because I just repeated my sentence like two times.

"You said I should tell you and we would talk about it tomorrow."

"There is no tomorrow. I mean why o...
I got interrupted from the call that came through my phone. It was an unknown caller and my heart skipped a bit.

"Lily what have you done?" I paced back and forth.

"It's not a big deal. Besides you can just pick the call and say hellllo." I glared at her with fury in my eyes and she hid under the blanket. I decided to ignore the call and deep down I hoped it wasn't him.