Prologue

Dabria

I wasn't born to be silent and quiet. I was born to shatter the walls inside people's hearts and heads. The world needed something to fear and also needed a reason to live. I was born to be Dabria Morningstar.

The Angel of Death, as they liked to call me. I'm the daughter of the infamous Lucifer. Otherwise known as the Devil himself. I might have inherited his bad traits along the way.

I, along with my twin sister, were half angel and half demon. Nephalem. We had both angel blood and demon blood. Our father married the Angel of Peace. Princess of Heaven. You could imagine how well her father took the news to his only daughter being pregnant by the leader of their greatest enemies.

My grandma somehow convinced my grandpa to create an alliance between Heaven and Hell if my dad agreed to marry my mom as well as give up his rather "inappropriate" lifestyle. My dad happily agreed, seeing as he loved my mom with his whole growing heart and never thought he would see the day he had kids.

The alliance between Heaven and Hell created conflict between the other worlds. More specific between the Underworld itself. The Underworld was the place fallen angels and fallen demons went when they had been banished from our realm.

The Underworld had a leader. A very powerful one at that. He wanted revenge. He craved power. And we all knew a man who wanted more power was nothing but dangerous.

One day on my 10th birthday, he decided to act. Him along with his troops stormed our castle at the end of mine and my sister's party. Blood was shed. More blood than anyone could have imagined. My father fought to protect us all. But he was too late...

There were hundreds of casualties. One being my mother. Three being my grandparents. When an angel or demon died, we could go to two different places. One being purgatory, which was a place between Heaven and Hell where they could see us but we couldn't see them nor interact with them. The second being reborn on earth without remembering anything from their old life. That day my mother died was the worst day of my life. It started the chain reaction.

There was a reason why people used to call me the 'Angel of Death'. Death seemed to be drawn to me. Humans thought death was worse than life when life was lying to you but was executed beautifully and death was just the painful truth. They skipped the words lying and truth and just saw beautiful and painful. But let's be honest... Life hurt a lot more than death did.

After that day, Heaven and Hell broke their alliance in fear that their peace settlement would anger the Underworld more.

My dad grew depressed from the heartbreak. Numb to the pain as years followed. A year later, my father married a woman named Lilith. She was the complete opposite from my mother. Instead of platinum, almost white hair, she had dark red, almost black hair. Instead of my mom's kind personality, she was a total bitch. Another year later, they had my half brother, Damon. He was the sweetest little brother ever.
***

"You told me you took care of it," I yelled at Alexandria, my lady.

"I thought I did but the King still requested to see you. He said it was urgent."

I groaned and leaned back into my office chair with my hands on my head. My last time in Hell was two years ago, after my 18th birthday. I came to earth to get away from Lilith, not to go right back where it all started.

"Come on, Bria. It's been two years... Your sister misses you."

I crossed my arms and contemplated the pros and cons. Pros were I got to see Parisa, Damon, and my dad. Cons were I had to see Lilith. I pinch the bridge of my nose, feeling a headache coming along.

"Fine. Tell him I will go visit after work."
Alexandria nodded and left my office. I sighed while getting back to work.