Chapter 47

I was woken up with breakfast in bed the next day. Alexia sang for me and put Nala in bed with me. "You need to blow out the candle" she said and pointed to the cupcake she was holding. It was on a tray, along with food for the both of us and a few gifts. I blew it out with a smile on my face. "I can't believe you are twenty now" she said with a big smile on her face. She was happier than I was, birthdays were hard. This was the third year without my mom to celebrate with me. Everyone misses someone, but happier occasions in life is harder without them.

"I can't believe I am not a teenager anymore" I answered her. It was strange to be an adult and not like a child anymore. Not like a nineteen-year-old is a child, but you get what I mean, right? "Don't remind me that I have been dating a teenager for the past five months" Alexia complained loudly before kissing me. It was strange that she was older than me. I mean almost five years, and that is a lot at our age. Or more at my age. Not that I cared, but other people might.

Istopped letting my brain overthink, and instead I concentrated on the breakfastshe had fixed for me. There were pancakes, avocado toast, tea, and some sweets.She looked very proud over it, and I couldn't help but to smile. This was nothow I imagined life at twenty, I never even thought I would live to twenty. Buthere I am, living and thriving. A true miracle

We ate our breakfast in bed, with Nala between us. She was like our child, always in the middle and way too spoiled for her own good. "What do you want to do today? Or before lunch I mean. We have to be back here around three to set up for your party" Alexia said with a smile. She was smiley today, I loved it. I don't know why I agreed to a party, but it would probably be fun. However, we had training tomorrow, so getting drunk was out of the question. Drinking would have to be done in moderation, not like we did at New Years. "I was thinking that we could go to the aquarium" I said.

Improvisation was my thing today. I had not been planning that, but it did sound like a good idea. "Then we will do that, I just have to get your presents before we can leave" Alexia answered. She was too good for me. A little over a week ago we celebrated Christmas, and now she was getting me even more gifts. This must be some kind of sorcery.

"I hope you like it" Alexia said when she returned to the room, holding several gifts. "I'll love whatever you got me" I answered with a smile. She sat down on the bed again, giving me all of the gifts. "Which one should I open first?" I asked her. Maybe she wanted me to do it in a special order and I would comply with that it she said so. "Whichever one you want" she answered. Great. I had to make a decision.

I grabbed the present closest to me and opened it carefully. It was a polaroid camera. "I knew how much you love to take pictures, and I thought it would be fun to have them developed in front of you" she said with a smile. Always so considerate, and I had to agree with her, it was something I had been wanting for quite some time. She also got me a pair of slippers, a few bracelets, and some decorations for our home.

"I love everything. I can't believe how good of a gift giver you are" I said with a smile. "I tried my best" she said with a shrug of her shoulder. I gave her a kiss on the lips, feeling her smile against them. She helped me choose what to wear for the aquarium. I ended up choosing a simple light green sweater along with some blue jeans. Alexia chose her own outfit before helping me with my hair. I had no idea how her hair was always so perfect, but whenever she did mine it always turned out just as perfect as hers.

Alexia drove us there, complaining about the traffic in the city. It was fun to watch, she complained about taking the bus, train, and now even about taking the car. Maybe it was other people in traffic that bothered her, or I assumed it did. "Calmaste Ale" I said and placed my hand on hers on the gear shift. She smiled at me when we stopped at the next red-light.