Chapter 29

We arrived at the port after about an hour in the car. The others were already there. Alexia was quite the slow driver. She followed every single speed limit and proceeded with caution in every turn. "Why are you so slow Alexia? You drive slower than my grandma" Mapí joked. "I proceed with the necessary caution" Alexia answered shortly. "She got to take every turn slow, because otherwise I get carsick" I continued, explaining everything further. "I forgot about your incapability to do basic things" Mapí said. Her sarcastic undertones shone through and instead of being angry at her I pulled her in for a hug. Her warm arms wrapped around my body and even though she usually complained about this, she was fine with it now.

A man showed us to the boat we had rented and before we knew it we were out on the open sea. Considering that I was not fine going backwards on a bus, or not looking at the rode when going in a car, everything was going above my expectations. That didn't mean I was fine and as long as the boat was moving, I was holding on for my life. Alexia was sitting right behind me, stroking my back whispering that it was all going to be fine.

The boat came to a stop inside a cave outside the coast. It looked beautiful, with clear blue water and rough cliffs. We all quickly removed our clothes and was left in our bikinis. Mapí jumped in the water, bringing Jenni and Virginia in with her. Patri was a bit slower and used the ladder. I was about to go after her when I was held back by Alexia. "The cave is almost as beautiful as you" she whispered before jumping into the water.

I was left standing there confused. "Come join us Isa" Mapí yelled from the water. I quickly made my way down the ladder and joined them in the water. We had fun for almost an hour before I made my way back up on the boat. This time I was joined by Jenni.

"So how long have you and Alexia been a thing?" she asked as we laid down in the front of the boat. "What do you mean?" I asked back. How could she know that, it wasn't like we were a thing. We had only kissed yesterday and that was it. "She looks at you like nothing else matters, it is honestly strange that you or no one else have noticed" Jenni explained to me. "She does?" I asked her. I felt my cheeks growing red and of course Jenni saw that. She let out a slight laugh before responding. "She does" was her answer. Her words reassured me, and I could not believe what was going on.

We laid there for half an hour before Alexia joined us. Jenni and I talked about a lot of different things. I got to know her better, she was quite a nice person and I liked that.

Alexia dropped down right next to me and I felt small droplets of water make their way onto my body. "Hey, stop dripping water on me" I yelled at her. It was joking and she knew that. But she didn't stop dripping water on me, instead she laid down on top of me and hugged me tightly. Every single drop of water on her body was soon on mine. "Stop it Ale" I got out between laughter. "Why should I do that, I'm comfortable" she said and dropped her head down next to mine. Even though she was wet from the water her body warmed mine up. 

After another thirty minutes the rest of our friends joined us on the boat. Alexia was no longer laying on top of me, instead she was right next to me again. Soon enough we left the cave and ventured out in the sun. We stayed there for the rest of the afternoon, tanning and swimming whenever we got too hot. It was a quiet day and something we needed after a week full of drinking and having fun. Tomorrow morning, we would be leaving and heading back home.

I was going to see my family and spend some time with them and after that Ona and I were travelling to London for a weekend. When you barely have any time off you try to do everything you have wanted when you do, and maybe I had gone in over my head a little bit.

Tonight, was my turn to cook dinner, and I did that while the other girls showered and got ready. We were having a movie night after dinner and had gotten strict instructions to wear comfortable clothes. I cooked us a simple pasta dish and everyone liked it.