Chapter 12

"To Answer Your Question"

Finally, i looked up at him and thought, he's the first one to ever ask me that question.

Then i straightened my posture and told him, "Would you even believe me if i say im not?"

"Yes, because magic exists in this world, and powers unbelievable lies within that, so anything is possible."

I looked at him directly in the eyes and replied, "Whether youll doubt me, or think I am joking, it is fine, but what you previously said was correct, i am not Cynthia, well this body does belong to Cynthia but the soul thats inside it, its not her."

"So who really are you then?"

"In my previous life, my name was May, i am currently the same age as this body, but i do not originally belong in this word."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I can't exactly explain to you everything since it's honestly too complicated to describe the whole context."

He nodded his head as a form of understanding in terms of my current situation.

As much as i want to tell him everything, i just cant elucidate to him that i live from this planet called earth and how im supposedly an evil villainess and hes a character from a novel and hes a second male lead of the book whos gonna end up heartbroken because the heroine choosed the male lead in the end.

"I know it's too much for you to take in, but i hope even in the smallest light you'll trust me."

"Well, i certainly have small doubts about this, but my instinct is telling me to believe you, and for once, it has never failed me, so. I'll prefer to have faith in you."

"Truly, you are too nice. What if... i was just being dishonest to you, and you're just following a scheme of mine?"

"Then that will be my regret at the end since i decided it, but deep down, i know you're genuine about everything, so i know you're not lying. Now let's go back. The ceremony is starting."

This guy acts like the biggest tease, but when it's important, he'll actually act mature and serious.

As he was walking away, i pulled a small part of his clothing and told him, "Thank you, for putting your trust on me, and since this is my body now im still accountable for what she did, so once again, i am whole heartedly sorry."

He smiled, and suddenly he hugged her, "I dont why, but when im with you now, i feel very happy."

Out of all these lives that i lived, this was the first time a boy ever embraced me, feeling his body like this is actually warm and comfortable, now i get why people are obsessed with hugs.

When they stopped, both of them went back inside.

Once again, the sound of the trumpets entered announcing the entrance of the emperor, all of the nobles in the room bowed as he walked and went in front of the throne.

Then he said out loud, "Thank you all for coming to another amazing year of new debutants who will bring greatness and honor in our empire, to see such young adolescents here make me joyful onto how the future looks bright, to our incredible grand duchess-"

To my suprise, I never would have thought I would be mentioned here since the story only focused on Kain and the female leads interaction.

The emperor continued, "To the next powerful successor of the mage tower, and to everyone, i am delighted."

TO BE CONTINUED!