[9]Tournament

"Get those foam fingers in the air! It's almost time for the last round! But before that, good news for everyone who didn't make the finals. Since this is a sports festival, we've prepared some super-fun side games everyone can participate in!" Present Mic announced as you, along with the other first years, filed back into the stadium.

"We even brought in cheerleaders from America to get your blood pumping!" Present Mic continued before his attention was drawn elsewhere. "Hold up..."

It didn't take you long to find what had seemingly drawn everyone's attention. The girls of class 1-A standing in a line, all dressed in cheerleading outfits and carrying pompoms.

"Looks like class 1-A is goin' full-on fanservice!" Present Mic shouted as Kaminari and Mineta cackled, shooting each other a thumbs up.

"What?! You tricked us! You're gonna regret this!" Yaoyorozu shouted before she slumped down. "Why is it that I always end up falling for that little pervert's stupid schemes? I even used my quirk to make these outfits."

Apearing behind the two perverts, you swiftly slam your fists down onto the top of their heads, sending them both to the ground. "Apologize!" you demand sternly, glaring at Kaminari and Mineta.

"We're sorry!" Kaminari and Mineta quickly apologized, rubbing their sore heads.

...

"Have fun competing in these little side games, everyone!" Present Mic announced. "Because after their over, the 16 students from the top four teams will be duking it out one-on-one in a tournament-style fighting competition!"

"Come closer and draw lots to see who you're up against. Midnight announced as she held a box labeled "Lots." "Then enjoy the pleasure of the recreational games before we start. The 16 finalists have the option of participating in those activities or sitting out to prepare for battle. I'm sure you all want to conserve your stamina. I'll start with the first place team."

Just as Midnight was about to draw the lots to decide the match-ups, Ojiro raised his hand, interrupting her. "Um, excuse me. Sorry, but I'm withdrawing." he said in a serious tone, causing most of your class to gasp.

"Ojiro. No way!" Midoriya said in shock.

"But this is a rare chance for you to get scouted." Iida added

"It just wouldn't be right. I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until the very end of it." Ojiro explained. "I think it was that guy's quirk."

As Ojiro said this, your eyes widened as you turned to look at Shinsou, who just looked away. 'Wait, if he used his quirk on the other, why not me?' you thought to yourself.

"I know this is a great opportunity." Ojiro continued as he clenched his fist. "But my conscience won't let me."

"Think about this..." Midoriya said, trying to stop Ojiro.

"I have, okay?!" Ojiro shouts. "Everyone gave their all in round two, but I was just someone's puppet. No way! I don't wanna advance if I don't even know how I got here. It wouldn't be fair!"

"You're making way too much of this!" Hagakure chimed in. "Just kill it in the finals and prove you should be here!"

"Yeah, what she said. I didn't do much in the battle either." Mina added.

"That's not it..." Ojiro said as he brought his hand to his face. "I'm talking about my pride here. I refuse to give that up! Also... why are the girls dressed up as cheerleaders?" He asked just now, noticing.

"Nirengeki Shoda, from class 1-B here. I think I should withdraw for the exact same reason." Shoda said, stepping forward. "This isn't how I wanted to get here! It would go against the values of the festival to advance without earning my spot!"