[10]Challengers

"Welcome back to the finals, everyone! Sorry for that long wait. The insane amount of ice from the second match has finally been cleared, though, so it's time to welcome new competitors." Present Mic announced as the next set of competitors made their way to the arena. "Even beautiful flowers have thorns. It's the assassin from class 1-B. Ibara Shiozaki from the hero course! Verses, the boy with the electric personality! Another hero in the making, Denki Kaminari! Keep your eyes peeled! I wanna see a super flashy battle this tim--"

"Excuse me!" Shiozaki spoke up, interrupting Present Mic. "Please pardon the interruption. I'm not sure way you called me an assassin. I've come to the festival in search of victory, not to take my opponent's life. That wouldn't be in line with the values of a hero at all, sir."

"R-Right. I'm sorry." Present Mic quickly apologized.

"Gentlemen, I didn't enter U.A for wicked or selfish reasons, but to deliver salvation to others." Shiozaki preached as a light from seemingly nowhere shined down on her. "It is my humble quest to spread true good across the world."

"Listen, I said I was sorry!" Present Mic shouted, cutting her off. "That was my bad, okay?"

"I thank you for your kind understanding." Shiozaki thanked with a bow before making her way back to the center of the arena.

"So, anyway. Begin!" Present Mic yelled, beginning the match.

Kaminari started off the match by shouting off some nonsense about ending the match in a few seconds before discharging a large wave of electricity at Shiozaki. She countered this easily by turning around and creating a large wall made of vines, completely shielding herself from Kaminari's attack before launching a counterattack using her vines to restrain him, ending the match quickly.

"Guess he was right. That match really was over in just two seconds." A blonde haired boy from class 1-B mocked over the barrier between class 1-A and 1-B's seating areas. "I wonder if his real quirk is the ability to tell the future. Hey! Wasn't class 1-A supposed to be so much better than us? Hahaha--" His rant was cut short by Kendo, who quickly knocked the annoying blonde unconscious.

"Sorry 'bout him." Kendo apologized as she popped over the barrier.

'What's that guy's problem?' You through before your attention is drawn to Midoriya in the seat next to you.

"I've seen Kaminari in action he's super strong. But Shiozaki placed fourth in the entrance exam." Midoriya muttered to himself as he scribbled stuff down in his notebook. "And those vines. I wonder if she studied Kamui Woods' moves. Binding attacks can be really powerful. I hardly ever see anyone break out when they're used." he continued his muttering, as your whole class's attention was now on him.

"Already thinking about countermeasures, huh?" You say, leaning over. "Maybe you should take a sec too, you know, relax."

"Oh sorry!" Midoriya yelps, slightly startled. "Sometimes I don't realize I'm talking out loud when I'm taking notes. "It's not everyday that I get to see incredible quirks from people outside our class."

You can't help but let out a little chuckle at his enthusiasm.

"Uh, actually..." Midoriya starts as he begins flipping through the pages of his notebook. "I've been taking notes on everybody in our class, too! Here's what I got on your Blood Manipulation!" He says reaching the page he was looking for.

"really? Let me see!" You say, slinging your arm around his shoulders pulling him close to get a better look at the page, oblivious to Midoriya's growing blush. As you scan through the notes, you can't help but be impressed by the level of detail and accuracy of Midoriya's observations about your quirk. You also notice that he has not only documented your abilities but also drawn a sketch of your hero costume as well. "Whoa, this is pretty impressive, Midoriya. Seriously, this level of dedication and attention to detail is amazing." You say with a smile.