[1]New beginnings

*BEEP BEEP BEE*

You wake up drowsy, smacking the snooze button on your alarm clock. "Alright, I'm up. I'm up." You groan as you roll out of bed, grabbing a change of clothes, and head towards your bathroom. You quickly step into the shower. hoping the warm water will help wake you up. As the water cascades over your body, you feel the drowsiness slowly fading away as you get yourself clean.

After a while, you step out, grabbing your towel, and begin to dry yourself off. As you wrap the towel around your body, you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and notice the bags under your eyes, evidence of a restless night. You make a mental note to get more sleep tonight as you reach for your toothbrush and begin to brush your teeth. Once finished, you get yourself dressed and make your way to your apartment's small kitchen. Opening the fridge, you grab the carton of orange juice and take a drink from it before looking at the clock on the wall. "SHIT! I'm going to be late for the exam." You yell as you rush out of your apartment.

...

"Just in time." You say to yourself as you catch your breath outside the gigantic building before continuing towards the school's entrance. As you pass under an archway, you notice a green haired boy in front of you begin to trip over his own feet. You attempt to reach and grab him, but before you can, a brown haired girl reaches out and touches him, causing him to stop mid-fall. Huh, must be her quirk, you think to yourself as you walk past the two and into the building.

After a written exam, you are led into a large auditorium, where you quickly find yourself a seat. Not long after, the lights dimmed, and a voice resounded throughout the room.

"What's up, UA Candidates, thanks for tuning into me. Come on and let me hear ya!"

The voice came from a man with tall blonde hair and a pair of sunglasses standing center stage, whom you recognized as the pro hero Present Mic. The pro hero would be met with silence. "Keeping it mellow, huh? That's fine; I'll skip straight to the main show. Let's talk all about how this practical exam's going to go down, okay?" Present Mic continued after quickly getting over his failed attempt to raise the hype.

"ARE YOU READY!?" Shouted Present Mic, only to be once again met with silence. "Tough crowd..."

"ALRIGHT!' Present Mic begins up again. "Like your application says today, you rockin boys and girls will be out there conducting ten-minute mock battles in super-hip urban settings. Gird your loins, my friends. After I drop the mic here, you'll head to your specified battle center. Sound good?"

"Okay, okay, let out your targets." Present Mic continued. "There are three types of faux villains in every battle center, and you'll earn points based on their level of difficulty. Your goal, dear listeners, is to use your quirk to raise your points by shredding these faux villains." But check it; make sure to keep things heroic. Attacking other examinees is a UA 'no,no' you dig!"

'Makes sense we wouldn't be very good heroes in the making if we just started attacking each other.'  Your thought would be interrupted when one of the examinees, a black haired boy with glasses, rose from his seat. "Excuse me, sir, but I have a question."

"Hit me!" Mic exclaimed the examinee would then go on a rant about something on the printouts, most of which you tuned out, only tuning back in when Present Mic answered that there was a fourth faux villain that wasn't worth any points. The DJ hero would finish by reciting the school's motto before sending you and the other examinees on your way.

...

You and your group would make their way to the designated battle center. Not long after your group's arrival, the large gates would begin to open, revealing the large mock city. "Okay Start!" Present Mic shouts from the top of a building. Everyone looks up at him. "What's wrong? There are no countdowns in real fights! Run run! The die has been cast, y'know!"