Child Lock.

Depuis le début

Victor still had no idea what we were doing here, simply because I spoke in code the entire conversation. And who could understand,

"Grandma's in the hen house with five eggs in the basket"?

That's code for, "I'm in trouble and I need a couple bail outs."

Bail outs meaning decoys.

I pulled into the driveway, made by countless cars driving in, and spotted Finn standing on the porch. I lifted my hand, and he grinned. That's Finn, alright.

A hulking man, he stood at six feet. He had a scruffy beard that didn't quite reach his chest, but was still long enough to braid - if he would let me, dammit. His hair was long as well, like a man stuck in the seventies, it was thick and went down to his shoulder blades. He usually kept it under a cowboy hat, or had it back in a loose tail at the nape. He was in his late forties, but even now I could tell he was a handsome man back in his day. He reminded me of a grandpa...who had gone to jail for ten years. So he reminded me of a jail-hardened grandpa.

He stood in a stance that reminded me of a veteran - at attention, hands behind his back. But he was smiling, so I knew he was at ease...as at ease as he could be, at least.

pulling in next to his car, I threw mine into park, and turned around to look at the two in the back.

"Stay here."

Grinning, I opened the car door. little did they know, I had flipped the child lock on.

Stepping out, I listened as they began to fiddle with the door knobs. They quickly realized what I'd done, and I slammed the door just as their protests started up.

"Well hello there, Darlin!" He greeted warmly, stepping off of his porch with arms outstretched.

I accepted his hug with one of my own. "It's been a minute, Finn. What've you been up to?"

He pulled back, letting out a laugh. "Usual business. Who're your friends in the car there?"

"Overprotective morons," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Ah," He stared into the car with slightly narrowed eyes.

"And," I sighed, "One of them happens to be a cop."

There was a few seconds of silence, as his eyes narrowed on the car for a little longer, before they widened, and he turned to me. "What?

I held up my hands, "Hold on a second, let me explain."

"You brought a cop here? Honey-bun, I'm sorry to ask, but've you gone nuts?" He exclaimed.

It was nice that he wasn't accusing me of selling him out. Even if he thought it was crazy - he knew that I would never do that on purpose. It made me smile.

"He's a friend. A boyfriend, actually," I explained, glancing at the car. Logan was half over the seat, trying to fit his other half through as he tried to get out through the front. Victor had apparently attempted to crawl through the seats with him, and they were both stuck, pushing at each other and arguing. I pressed my palm to my forehead, sighing out, "He insisted on coming along."

"You? Dating a cop?" He set his hand on my shoulder and let out a booming laugh, "How in sam-hell did that come about?"

"Well...long story short, it wasn't my idea," I answered, thinking about how hard I fought my feelings in Florida. Seemed a life-time ago.

"Hmm," He murmured, and we both glanced at the car. Logan and Victor were too large to get out, and they were stuck in between the chairs. "And the other?"