Happy New Year

Analia

After the Christmas party, Taye dropped me off at my place. I was happy that he was the perfect gentleman the night I stayed over at his place. We actually hung out together on Christmas and I finally met the person who had taught him so much - his father. It was nice to meet the man that had raised such a fine man.

I thought I would have heard from Darius, but I didn't hear from him until I walked into the studio the Friday before New Years. Marcus and Siedah had him busy, bouncing from place to place promoting his EP, especially around the holiday. Taye wasn't at the studio as Marcus gave him the day off because his father was going to be busy at the shop, so Marcus told him to show up for New Years. Marcus informed us that we were supposed to release our song at the New Year Party.

"Analia, I gotta holla at you." Darius said as I walked in.

"Wassup," I took off my boots, slipped on my slides that I kept in the shoe cubby nearest the door. I took off my coat and scarf and hung them up. "Where have you been?"

"I've been busy promoting." He didn't look really happy, he looked like he was going through the motions. He didn't look like the Darius I was once in love with.

"I see. You ain't been here in a minute." I knew what happened between him and Isis. I wasn't going to bring it up, but I could tell he didn't come up on the winning end.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you, wassup with you and dude?" Darius leaned over while I sat on the couch scrolling on my phone looking at lyrics.

"What do you mean?" I responded without even breaking concentration from my phone.

"You know what I mean. Is he hittin' that?" Darius boldly asked.

"Excuse me? That is none of your business." I looked at Darius like he was crazy.

"I know you like me." Darius blurted out. I looked at him and he stared back at me.

"What does that mean?"

"You know what it means girl, stop playing." Darius smiled slyly.

"I don't think you know what it means." I rolled my eyes at him and he tried to touch my thigh. "Boy! Stop playing!"

"Why you tripping? You know you want me." He said leaning back towards me again.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? I don't want you and I don't like you. Not anymore anyway." I said looking directly at him so he knew I was being honest.

His smile slowly faded away and turned to anger.

"What the fuck you mean you don't?"

"I'm with Taye now." I said folding my arms, with my lips pursed up, with one eyebrow up looking at him up and down like he was stupid. Sadly, he was - stupid.

"Since when?"

"Since Christmas." Marcus stepped in. I looked at him and smiled. Marcus smiled back at me. He knew what was up. Darius was the one that was stupid. "You slipped up dude. Game over."

Darius didn't know what to say as Marcus even knew what was going on. My phone rang, it was Taye calling me. I smiled and got off the couch to take his call.

"Hey baby," I said as I walked out of earshot of Darius. I heard Darius and Marcus talking in the background asking him if he was serious that Taye and I had gotten together.

"Hey lil' mama, how are you doing?"

"Missing you. How's the shop?"

"Busy. I might be late getting out of here."