In Due Time

Analia

By the time I got to the studio, Marcus had to leave to take care of something, leaving Siedah and I an opportunity to try a few things in the studio. Marcus taught Siedah how to run the sound board so she played around with a few things before I went into the booth.

"That sounds tight. That's a good beat. You did that?" I asked, amazed at her skills.

"Yeah, it's a lil' something' I've been working on. So did you hear about the show last night?"

"Nah, I haven't. What happened? He didn't choke did he?" I said getting concerned.

"Nah, he did really well! Bileu said he worked the crowd and had them screaming. It was Ladies' Night last night and it was packed,"

"Oh, ok. Cool, I'm glad he blew them away. I'm know the ladies loved him for sure,"

"Just like you?" she quipped. My eyes widened and my mouth opened. I didn't know how to respond, but my first reaction gave it away.

"What?" I said, frowning and squinting my eyes, hoping to change the subject. "I don't know what you're talking about," I said with a nervous laugh.

"Girl, please," Siedah pressed her lips tightly together as she gave me the side eye. "Who you tryna fool?"

"Huh?"

"C'mon Analia, tell the truth, shame the devil. Be honest with yourself. I can see it."

"Are you serious?" I said closing my eyes and falling back in the chair, hanging my head in shame.

"Yup, I knew it." Siedah saw right through me. If anyone would have found out, it would be her. "How long have you been in love with him?"

I covered my eyes and shook my head, "Too damn long," I sat up and looked at her and she smiled.

"It's okay girl, they are as dumb as shit sometimes and don't realize it,"

"That's just it. We met back in high school and he's been in my heart ever since. But he only sees me as a friend. I got put in the friendzone for real,"

"Girl, you put yourself in the friendzone. Did you ever tell him?" she asked, turning towards me.

"No," I winced.

"Did you drop some hints?"

"No, not really."

"He might not have picked up on it anyway," she said. "Well, do you want to be with him?"

"Yeah but," I hesitated.

"But what?"

"I don't know how he feels about me. That's why I've never said anything because he never ever gave me any kind of clue that he likes me or wants to be with me,"

Siedah sat quietly as she looked at me. "Guys are so damn dumb, but you gotta love them," she chuckled and I joined in.

"I know. They can be so blind. I don't think he knows what he wants. He's so focused on his music, I don't think he'll have the mental capacity for a relationship,"

"He is focused on his music, which may be why he hasn't noticed, but he's a man. I'm sure he's tired of jerking off," she said bluntly. We looked at each other and cracked up laughing.

"Well, I'm sure he'll come around soon enough. Right now, you're too accessible to him, therefore he don't miss you yet,"

"And how do we get him to do that?" I asked, trying to figure out her plan.