Chapter 24

*𝐈𝐟 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐚'𝐯𝐢, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐝*

-𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐨𝐯-

Jake sat in his wheelchair with his head in his hands. Guilt swarmed his entire being. Norm, Grace and Jake were thrown into a locked jail cell.

You needed a special key card to open the door, and there was no way they were getting out anytime soon.

Soldiers suddenly started coming back into the room outside the cell, shouting and blocking their view.

Grace stood to her feet and started to look over them, while Jake bent down, looking between their sides. A table was rolled inside and a blue body was laid on that table.

"Marali!" Grace gasped. "What are you doing with her! Let her go!"

Grace demanded as she banged on the glass door that kept them in.

"Marali? Alexis! No! No!" Jake cried out in anguish. "She better be alive you giant assholes!" "Shut up, the lot of you!" One of the soldiers demanded, slamming his fist on the glass door.

"The healer here is just fine. A bit knocked out, though." He grinned.

"Had to use three tranqs to get her down." "Three?!" Grace and Norm gasped. "Just one is enough to take down an elephant! You could have killed her!" Norm shouted.

"Yeah, well. She'll be fine. Too bad she's a massive savage. A pretty little thing, isn't she?" He laughed and stroked her cheek.

"Don't touch her!" Jake growled angrily, slamming his own fist against the glass.

"Lock her up." He demanded.

The table was pushed into the cell next to theirs and locked up. Jake sighed, as there was no window to see into the cell beside them.

He was entirely glad Marali was safe, but she was in this mess because of him and that made him feel even worse. Hours passed and no one else had come in, until Trudy showed up with a lunch cart.

She knocked on the outside door and was buzzed in by the desk soldier who sat on guard of them.

"What's going on, brother? Long time no see." Trudy greeted him with a large smile.

Jake, Grace and Norm sat up and looked out their glass door, after hearing her voice. "Hey." He greeted her back. "Personally, I don't feel these tree hugging traitors deserve steak." She chuckled.

"They get steak?" The security guard gasped. "That's bullshit. Let me see that."

He leaned down to open the cart and peek inside at their food. Trudy chuckled again, walking around to the bent over officer, pulling out her pistol and holding it to his head.