Chapter 17 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

*𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧,𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐚,𝐯𝐢, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐝*

-𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯-𝐍𝐚'𝐯𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦-

Night had taken over and the helicopter was long gone

Night had taken over and the helicopter was long gone. Creatures chittered into the night air, only making Jake even more paranoid.

He held a small container of matches in his mouth and took off his first layer of clothing, wrapping it around the tree branch he had carved. He began soaking it in sap which he found on the trees.

He was being stalked by more than just the two of us.

As soon as he ignited the spear which lit up the forest, making Neytiri and I wince at the bright light, he discovered the pack of Viperwolves snarling around him.

They were black dog-like creatures that had a hyena-like laugh.

They hissed and snarled at the light, while Jake waved it back and forth in front of them, barely keeping them at bay.

"He's going to die. I must help him." I demanded quickly reading my bow.

I felt torn between the creatures and Jake's life, but I'd kill only if necessary.

"We cannot interfere. If it's to be the way he dies, then he shall die." Neytiri hissed, I gave her a look.

The creatures got closer and closer, following Jake as he backed away. They climbed the trees and had fully surrounded him.

Jake tried his best to cover himself from every angle but it was impossible, as it always left somewhere around him defenseless.

He grunted as he swung the branch again, nearly igniting the trees around him.

"If we do nothing, this buffoon will set the entire forest on fire. He is the will of Eywa and I will do what I must to save him. Mother forgive me for what I'm about to do." I prayed and began to run.

"𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐢!" Neytiri hissed, reaching for my arm, but I was too quick. She groaned, annoyed.

"I don't have all goddamn night. Come on!" Jake yelled. "Come on!"