Chapter 23

*𝐈𝐟 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐚'𝐯𝐢, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐝*

-𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐨𝐯-

That night a group of Na'vi warriors took to the previous home of The Tree of Voices. Killing the soldiers that stood in their way, and destroying the Bulldozer. Burning it down to a crisp.

The drums of war had officially been played.

Quaritch, Selfridge and other members of the main deck, control room watched on to the live feed on their screens. Lyle walked around with a crew seeing and reporting all the damage that occurred.

"I'll do it with minimal casualties to the indigenous." Quaritch explained gently to Parker as they sat in his office after that meeting.

"I'll drive them out with gas first. Then we can just scoop up Alexis, using her as a bargaining chip to keep them out and away from wherever we need to be. It'll be humane. More or less."

He explained at Selfridge sighed. "All right, let's pull the trigger." He agreed.

Trudy ran through the halls trying to find Jake and Grace. They were sitting in the science lab, Grace was drinking and Jake was sulking. "She's going to hate me."

Jake sighed looking over Grace's book.

"This was stupid. I was stupid! This is really how it's done. When people are sitting on shit that you want, you make them you're enemy. Then you're justified in taking it."

He threw Grace's book to the ground.

"Quaritch is rolling the gunships." Trudy huffed as she came into the room. "He's gonna hit Home Tree." "Oh my god." Grace gasped.

Parker watched out the bay window at all the helicopters that were awaiting the flight plan.

He seemed nervous, almost regretful about the choice he had made. One of the security guards began shouting as Grace barged her way back in. "Dr. Augustine! You cannot be up here!"

"Back off." She shoved him away and approached Parker.

"Parker, wait. Stop. These are people you're about to... I said back off!" She demanded as the security officer tried to grab her once more. "No, no, no, no." Selfridge shook his head.

"They're fly bitten savages that live in a tree! All right? Look around! I don't know about you, but I see a lot of trees! They can move!"

He yelled angrily as Jake approached in his wheelchair. "Can you guys just, please." He pointed to the security teams and then Grace and Jake.

"There are families in there. There are children. Babies. Are you gonna kill children?" Grace asked him in disbelief.

"You don't want that kind of blood on your hands. Believe me." Jake assured him. "J-Just let me try to talk them out. They trust me." Jake begged. "Calibrate fast!"