2: Night Falls | Jimmy

"Nothing. It's been a whole 7 hours and none of them have cracked. I think they might be telling the truth, Martyn." I watch as he laughs, what's funny? I don't find it very funny, I wanna go home to Norman. I want to go to sleep and maybe play a couple video games with my lovely friends.

Interrogating kids is the last thing I want to do but alas, Martyn's something else. He won't stop insisting on talking to these little kids—it's honestly getting kinda weird now. "You think I don't know? I know alright, they're orphans who were probably all kicked out for some reason. Great observation, Tim." His sarcasm is not boosting my mood. I'm tired, and I'm sure he is too.

"What do we do about it? We can't keep these kids forever." I notice how the kids all seem to be more interested after I say this, they're all so similar yet different. They seem to all have the same thoughts and motives, just vastly different executions of these thoughts and motives.

"Well what choice do we have? They're coming home with us" What the actual f##k. Has Martyn lost his mind? I can't be housing children! My apartment's barely enough for us and the cats—let alone large enough for 2 extra teenagers! I can tell the kids don't want to follow this idea as well as Pearl voices it, "Are you allowed to keep us like that overnight?"

Martyn sighs, "Sorry kiddo, but we're not dumping you minors all outside in the dead of night. Either this or you guys outside with no shelte—" Before he can even finish, the pryo-boy interjects himself into the conversation: "Outside, please." His voice sounds almost... strained. He seems extremely tired.

"Are you sure about this Martyn? I don't exactly have space for 2 kids." He bats me an icy cold glare. Gosh, can't get myself out of this can I? I should've become a construction worker with Skizz when I had the chance. "If you can't then you're bringing two of them to Etho and Cleo's." Etho and Cleo?

I know Cleo was a teacher at some point in their life but seriously? Etho sounds like he'd be a horrible guardian not being he's dumb (I can't be saying anything), but because he's always outside and about doing his own thing. While Cleo... Cleo's very bold and forward, she might scare the kids off—why do I care? They're not my kids.

"Pair up, you're being separated." Instant wind. I can't even open my eyes as wide because of the wind that's blowing into my face. Mumbo has a look of betrayal on his face. I stay quiet because if I speak, I will give in. I'm... I can't face seeing them scared. Martyn can take care of this. Immediately Joel shifts to Pearl's side of their little group, so that's pairs settled.

"Tim, you take them to the Roomies, alright? I'll take these two." Thank god Martyn's taking the pyro kids because I don't think I could handle fire kids. And I'm sure Cleo will complain about them. Mumbo's an aviation whilst Bdubs... I don't know what the boy is.

He has no visible supernatural markings (unlike the other three) and hasn't exhibited any supernatural powers (at least in front of me). "Alright, follow me boys." I take them out of the room. "Can I trust you two to not run away?" I know I can't. Mumbo's basically my height—they're not little kids, they're both teenagers.

"You can trust us, Solidarity-sir! Although, you can't trust Joel won't run. I bet Pearl would run with him when given the chance, just saying, sir." Bdubs's smile is kinder than most peoples. It makes you want to smile with him. I'm sure Martyn's got it, plus, they wouldn't leave their other 2 friends behind would they?

"So you'll probably be staying with one of my friends, Cleo. You will address them with whatever she wishes, got that?" They both nod, good. I don't want to push the kids onto Cleo for a couple days and have it be a bigger burden than it probably already will be. I get my keys and we head out into the parking lot. I'm careful to make sure they don't run off—surprisingly, they don't.