Cooking With Jamil

Start bij het begin

Jamil waves a hand. "That's easy. I'll show you."

Jamil pulls out various pots and pans, dragging you by your shoulders to the large stove. "Here, you'll make the yogurt sauce and I'll cook the rice and lamb."

He places the needed ingredients on the counter next to you. You rub the back of your neck. "I think I would ruin the sauce."

Jamil chuckles. "That's why I'll stay right next to you. First, pour these ingredients into the sauce pan."

You follow his instructions, carefully to pour the right amount. You turn the stove to the correct temperature and start mixing.

Jamil nods. "Just stir until it starts to bubble then just turn the heat off. Simple as that."

You sheepishly laugh. "Doesn't sound too difficult."

Jamil smiles before turning to his tasks. You continuously stir the sauce, occasionally watching what Jamil is doing. He cooks so skillfully, all without batting an eye. It's almost like watching magic.

Jamil notices you staring. He smirks. "You're pot is boiling over."

You snap out of your trance. "Oh, shoot!"

You quickly turn off the heat and stir the sauce, praying it didn't burn. The sauce finally calms down and doesn't look to bad, at least, to your knowledge.

"I think I saved it." You say hopefully.

Jamil grabs a tasting spoon and brings some of the sauce to his lips. He stares into your eyes as he tastes. You feel like you're on a cooking competition.

Jamil finally smiles. "It's pretty good. Not burned at all."

You sigh with relief. "Oh, thank god."

Jamil chuckles. "Was something distracting you?"

You rub your arm, feeling your cheeks redden at the thought that you were staring at him. "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

Jamil steps closer. "And what was this distraction?"

You step back but bump into the counter. "Uh, it was nothing, really."

He places his hands on either side of you on the counter, trapping you in. "It wouldn't do to be distracting while cooking." Jamil glances to your lips. "The kitchen can be dangerous."

You feel your heart racing as Jamil stares into your eyes. "Jamil..."

He starts to lean closer but the alarm goes off, making you jump. With a final smirk, Jamil turns to the oven. You place a hand to your heart.

"Looks like the cakes are done." Jamil places the baking sheet on a hot pad. "They need to cool before we can drizzle the syrup on them."

You step closer to examine the cakes. "They smell incredible!"

"Glad you think so." Jamil smiles.

After adding the finishing touches, the cakes and the lamb dish turned out perfectly. You inhale the delicious smells filling the kitchen.

"I'm glad I didn't burn the sauce." You laugh.

Jamil chuckles. "I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even if it was burned, it's not hard to make another."

You smile appreciatively. "Glad I could help."

Jamil grabs a couple containers and packs the food into them, then handing them to you. "Here, as promised."

You look to him curiously. "I thought we only agreed on the cakes? Isn't this supposed to be Kalim's dinner?"

Jamil only smiles. "I accidentally made too much. Though Kalim likes to have his feasts, he should have regular portion sizes occasionally."

You laugh. "Well, thank you. I really appreciate this."

Jamil nods. "Of course. Allow me to escort you back to your dorm."

"Absolutely." You smile brightly.

Standing outside your door, you turn to Jamil. "Thank you for bringing me along. I had fun."

Jamil holds your hand and brings it to his lips. "It was my pleasure, Y/N."

He places a kiss along your knuckles. "I hope you enjoy the rest of your day."

Jamil departs and you step inside Ramshackle. You set the containers of delicious goodies on the coffee table.

Grim appears by the stairs. "What's that amazing smell?"

You smile. "I helped cook dinner with Jamil."