Summary

CC: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, events and incidents are the products of my imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

© Heidi Mae Wahlberg 2024. All rights reserved.

This is a romance with a survival trope to it, but it will also have some adventure and suspense. This is part one of a two-part series. 

Mature for heavy topics, hunting scenes, violence, language, and sexual scenes and references. 

AN: 

This is not a light read like you're used to from me.  This is a raw story of two teenagers manipulated by the adults in their lives in terrible ways, who find themselves both stranded in the woods and come together. 

But I tried to add some humor where I could to lighten the heavy. The romance is a slow burn, but think protector, locked in a cabin cozy one-bed tropes for that. 

Summary: 

Samantha Morgan has always been tough, but the scrappy teen is about to be tested like never before. In a desperate bid to protect his daughter, her gambling-addicted father drives her away, leaving her in an abandoned forest. However, she soon discovers she's not alone. A mysterious guy named Jackson is living out there, too. Jax is as guarded as Sam is pensive, but when danger approaches, they realize they need to work together to survive. As they come to depend on each other, their attraction grows into something neither of them expected. But with a deadly winter looming and an ongoing threat hanging over Sam's life, do they even stand a chance?