12

*Trigger Warning: Explicit Language used*

~~~

I think you're as prepared as I can get you." Mei says to me as she shuts the books closed before her.

Today, we were in the academy, not the house. A yawn creeps past my mouth, I was quick to cover it, but she catches me quickly.

"You've been suppressing that yawn all morning."

I smile, bemused at her words as I rest my chin on the palm of my hand. "I'm sorry, I couldn't sleep last night." And that was the truth.

Somehow, me and Nikos had been flying for hours, I had drifted asleep in the sky. It was peaceful, and well deserved. It still didn't make up for the sleep I had missed, but it was nice.

"Is that so?" Her lips pull into a smirk, before I could question the meaning behind it, the classroom door opened to reveal Kessa.

"Back so soon?" She quizzes the Halo Rider. Kessa shrugs lightly as she stalks towards us, her hair tied into her signature ponytail, the baby hairs sticking up, framing her face.

I narrow my eyes, "I thought you were with the guys?" I question as she pulls the chair backwards and sits down beside me.

"Not today," She sings. "Adrian wanted me to do something else."

Of course, he did. Kessa was his personal eye, he was training her to be stealth itself. "What did he want you to do today?"

"That, is none of your business." Mei pipes up, standing to dispose of the books on the bookshelf in the corner of the room.

Kessa smirks. "It's nothing, I had a meeting with the Headmaster."

"Oh?" I lower my voice so Mei could not hear.

"I am sworn to secrecy." She quips.

I roll my eyes, leaning back. Fine then.

"Don't pout."

"I hate secrets."

"You have enough of them."

I whip my head to her, accused by her words. "What does that mean?"

"I heard your little rendezvous last night." She teases, wiggling her eyebrows in a sultry action.

I balk. "Nothing happened."

She laughs, "I know."

I take a breath. "So, you're spying on me now?"

Her smile drops at the accusation in my tone. "Of course not. Take into consideration Sith, that I have been trained to notice the invisible, you weren't exactly being quiet either."

I lean away, my paranoia partially eased. Kessa was a wild card, unpredictable. It was a stark contrast to her nature, knowing that she could be so silent, so mysterious. "I'm sorry. I had a nightmare, he heard me screaming."

She looks shocked at how calmly I spoke. She could do nothing but nod her head in consideration. And that was that. She swallows, looking away as Mei approaches.

"Have you picked your extracurricular activity?" Mei quizzes when she sat back down.

"I chose art," I muse, looking away from her beauty and saving it for later. I had given into the urge. It was the only other thing I knew how to do. And joining Maddox for piano lessons, or even participating in Sky's code breaking club was useless. I may as well stick to what I'm good at.