T W E N T Y - O N E

It has been two days since the day that Gyuvin's comic was discovered by his muses. He tried to reach out to Ricky multiple times but the blond refused to talk, the last time he saw Ricky was when his air conditioner was delivered but the blond did not even spare him a glance. They bumped into some classes but Ricky avoided him at all costs. "Please talk to me..." Gyuvin said as he knocked on Ricky's door. He sighed as he went back to his place knowing that the door wouldn't open anyway. He also tried to call off the publishing but it was too late since all of the books has been printed out and the convention will happen the next day, he would have to pay a huge sum to call off the contract. "Fuck..." he sighed as he kicked his feet out of frustration. "If– if only I told them about it the beginning, none of this would've happened" he mumbled in a regeretful tone.

He grabbed his sample comic and was about to rip it off when his phone suddenly rang, snapping him out of his daze. He picked it up and answered, "hello?".

"GYUVIN! Are you ready for the convention tomorrow?!" Matthew asked in an excited tone. The boy had promised to Gyuvin back then that he would help him out at the day of the convention. However, the boy was unaware of the current situation his friend is in since Gyuvin never really opened up to him about it.

'no'

"Yeah..." Gyuvin replied in a tired tone.

"What's wrong? Why do you sound so down?" Matthew asked quickly catching the unusual mood.

"Oh– nothing, I– The publishing process was just really tiring and all" Gyuvin lied as he let out a fake laugh.

"Ah, alright then rest for now since itll be your big day tomorrow. See you!" Matthew said as hanged up.

"If only I could tell you..." Gyuvin muttered , as much as he wants to reveal his situation to his friend, he couldn't bring himself to do so. "I don't want more people to be disappointed in me" he sighed as he reflect on his life choices. After a lot of contemplating and reflecting, Gyuvin went out and shopped to hopefully calm his mind.

Upon shopping around, the only things he saw was nothing but remnants of the memories he shared with Ricky. It was the season of strawberries so the whole place was filled with the scent of the colorful strawberry. "Why does it have to be today" he sighed, remembering how much his lover loved strawberries. He decided to look around and eventually went to one of the stalls that sells strawberries.

"Hey kid! Try these freshly picked strawberries" the old vendor smiled as he shoved a strawberry onto the Gyuvin's mouth.

The boy was taken aback by the sudden shoving but he had no choice but to swallow the fruit. As he chewed on the fruit, his eyes grew wide as the amazing flavor melts onto his mouth. "Woah— it's really tasty!" He smiled at the old man.

"Right?" The old man chuckled as he arranged the fruits.

"I'll take two bags please" Gyuvin smiled, while the old man proceeded to pack a bunch of strawberries in a nice box.

"Here, I put in some extra for your girlfriend" the old man winked as he handed the boxes earning a chuckle from the boy.

"I dont even know if we're still together" he mumbled barely audible, however the old man was still able to hear it.

"Had a quarrel?" the old man asked which shocked Gyuvin but he nodded as a reply. The old man shook his head and went inside his shop to grab something. After a while the old man went out with a jar of strawberry jam and one fresh rose. "No lady has ever ignored a rose along with strawberries" the old man chuckled. "Here take it to her, and say sorry for whatever shit you did", he said as he gave the jam and rose to the boy.

Gyuvin smiled as he bowed multiple times, "thank you, Mister!", he smiled as he turned back and was about to walk away but he quickly turned back and faced the old man. "Ah right, it's a him not a her but I hope this would still work. He loves strawberries" Gyuvin said with a huge proud smile on his face.

"Oh— my bad. Alright, good luck! Serenade him well!" The old man smiled as he waved goodbye to Gyuvin. The boy bowed one last time and waved back before eventually walking away, "oh to be young and in love" the old man smiled.

Gyuvin went back to his place immediately. He sat on his desk and decided to make something for his lover. He decided to make a short comic strip about him and Ricky. He wasn't sure if this would make the blond talk to him but he still wanted to try it. He drew his first encounter with Ricky, the time when they went to the pub which was the same day Ricky had confessed to him, their first date, the clothes Ricky bought for him, up until the fight they had. Gyuvin was too occupied by drawing that he didn't notice that the sun had has already set. "It's 6 already?!" He said as he glanced at the clock. He immediately went back to drawing to finish it up, he included the interaction he had with the old vendor earlier today and then he drew himself making the comic he's doing right now. And lastly, he wrote a letter for Ricky, he doesn't know if the blond would read it but he still hoped and poured his heart out on the letter and comic. Eventhough comic was a bit messy and rushed, and mostly contained chibis, it contained all of the emotions Gyuvin was carrying. The boy stretched his arms as it has been a long day for him. He washed up to calm himself and freshen up as well hoping that he would come face to face with Ricky. After washing up, Gyuvin wrapped the box of strawberries in a ribbon along with the comic he made.

After gathering his courage he went out and knocked at the door of his lover. And just as he had expected, Ricky did not open the door but Gyuvin knew that he was inside since he heard Ricky's air conditioner running. Gyuvin let out a huge breath and spoke, "Ricky. It's me, Gyuvin. I know that it's hard to face me right now but I just want you to know that..." Gyuvin trailed off as he felt his voice started to shake, "I truly care about you. I love you..." he said as his voice started to shake. He stood for a while before deciding to speak again, "I brought some strawberries for you, I'll just leave it here" Gyuvin spoke as he placed the box of strawberries, the jam, the comic, and the flower the old vendor gave to him, in front of the door. "I'll go now, take care..." Gyuvin smiled before walking back to his apartment.

On the other side of the door,"Don't make things even harder for me..." Ricky mumbled as he listened to Gyuvin's footsteps slowly fading,

__________________________
to be continued....

ˏ ˗ˏˋ Author's note ࿐ྂ

╭┈──── ◌ೄ◌ྀ ˊˎ

·˚ ◌༘₊· ͟͞꒰➳ Greetings! (>‿♥︎)

Shipwreck will come to an end soon! This story has been one hell of a ride. Before we wrap up the story, I decided to make a short Q and A for the characters and for me as well.

Feel free to drop any questions that you want to be answered!