F I F T E E N

Ricky's air conditioner stopped working two weeks ago and he hasn't had time to buy a new one. He tried calling repair services but they all said his model was too old and it would be better to buy a new one. Ricky didn't really mind because it gave him an excuse to spend more time with Gyuvin. He has been sleeping at Gyuvin's place for the past few weeks. Today, Gyuvin had to leave early so Ricky went back to his own apartment to get ready for his class.

Ricky was getting ready to leave his place when his phone suddenly alerted him to buy a birthday gift for Jiwoong. "I FORGOT HIS BIRTHDAY?!", this shocked Ricky since he had forgotten about Jiwoong's birthday for the first time ever. Thankfully, he had already scheduled a date to buy a gift because he had been busy with schoolwork.

The blond arrived at his class on time and endured a boring lecture. He felt sleepy throughout. Finally, the lecture ended and he left the class right away. Fortunately, he only had one class that day, so he had enough time to find a gift for his best friend.

As he made his way towards the bus stop, he suddenly felt a buzz in his pocket indicating that he had received a text message. To his surprise, it was Jiwoong reaching out to ask about his availability. Although he wasn't occupied at the moment, he realized that he wouldn't be able to accompany Jiwoong to purchase his gift in person. With this in mind, he swiftly typed out a brief response saying "yeah" and continued his journey towards the bus stop.

Ricky is unsure of what to give his friend Jiwoong because they haven't been able to connect lately. "What should I buy? Clothes?" . Ricky boards a bus with thoughts still swirling in his mind and considers giving Jiwoong clothes or gadgets, but remembers that Jiwoong mentioned wanting a new laptop. He starts looking up the latest laptop models on his phone.

Ricky was born into wealth, but after he started earning money from modeling he began buying gifts for Jiwoong with his own earnings. He believed that it was more meaningful to give gifts that came from his own hard work. He had already made a lot of money from product endorsements, with just one social media post earning him thousands, so buying Jiwoong a new laptop didn't seem like a significant expense to him.

Ricky eventually came across a laptop that he believed would be ideal for his friend. Without wasting any time, he quickly looked up the stores that sold it and was relieved to discover that there was one conveniently located near the upcoming bus stop. As soon as the bus reached the stop, Ricky got off and went to the shop.

Ricky eventually reached the shop and upon entering, "Welcome!" A young salesman greeted with a smile. "Are you looking for something in particular?" he asked.

"Oh, hello, I'm looking for this" Ricky said as he showed the picture of the laptop. "Is it available?" he asked. The salesman confirmed that it is indeed available and offered to show it to the customer, mentioning that they have all the colors in stock. Ricky smiled at the salesman, "great! Can I see the one in rose gold?" he requested. The salesman agreed and went to retrieve it from the stock room. While waiting, Ricky noticed that the store also offered customized cases and considered getting one for Gyuvin. He examined the samples and was impressed by the quality.

As Ricky was searching through the cases, the salesman approached him and tapped the blond person, saying "Sir" in a hushed manner. Ricky swiftly turned around and was greeted by the cheerful expression of the salesman.

The salesman began discussing the features of the laptop and highlighting its impressive qualities. After weighing the advantages and disadvantages of the laptop, Ricky ultimately decided to buy it. The salesman chuckled and said, "You're one of the few customers who actually went here knowing what they want to buy".

"Actually, I don't. I wasn't sure what to buy and I just randomly decided to get this a few minutes ago" Ricky laughed back.

"Oh, this is quite an unusual random purchase" the salesman laughed.

"Yeah, I didn't know what to gift, then I remembered that my friend wanted to replace his old one so" Ricky shrugged but then the salesman's face widened in shock, confusing Ricky.

"g-gift?" The salesman stuttered. "You randomly decided to buy your friend a laptop as a gift?!" he exclaimed.

"Yes...?" Ricky answered with an unsure smile.

"Damn, what are the requirements to become your friend. Imma go sign up" the salesman joked, earning a laugh from the blond. "Then, I'll just pack this up, I'll be back" the salesman smiled and left.

Ricky's curiosity about customized cases persisted as he waited, "Excuse me, may I know how long it would take for a customized case?", he asked.

"Oh hello! It depends on the design, but it usually takes 2-3 days but if it has complex design it can take up to 5 days. But don't worry 5 days is already the maximum production time" The salesman explained.

"Oh cool, but if I buy about 2 or 3 cases would I still get it within that period?" Ricky asked. While the salesman responded with a cheerful "yes".

"I'd like to get 3 customized cases" Ricky smiled at the salesman.

"Sure! Just send us the designs at our email and write the model of the phones here." The salesman explained.

Ricky then wondered what type of case Gyuvin and Jiwoong would like and couldn't think of any immediately. "Can I send the designs later? I'm still not sure about it." he asked.

"Of course! But please write your email here as well so that we can remind you to send it..." the salesman trailed off as he glanced at the form Ricky filled up. "Mr. Shen" he said after seeing Ricky's name. Just then the other salesman came back holding the laptop Ricky just bought.

"HEY TAERAE STOP STEALING MY CUSTOMERS WITH THOSE SMILE!" The other salesman joked.

"It's not my fault that my smile draws people in" The salesman called Taerae replied.

Ricky just laughed at the two while the other salesman eventually reached them, "here you go, Mr. Shen. How will you pay? Cash or card?" The salesman asked.

"Card" Ricky said as he pulled out his card, while the salesman just put the scanner up and scanned the card. After a while, the payment was successfully received. "All done, thank you Mr. Shen!", the salesman smiled cheerfully.

"Thank you, Hanbin!" Ricky said glancing at the salesman's nametag.

"No problem, it's our pleasure to serve such a lovely, gorgeous man like you!" Hanbin cooed.

"Yes, that's right, don't forget to send inspiration later, Mr. Shen!" Taerae intervened.

"Okay, thank you!" Ricky said goodbye as he walked out of the store. He bought a gift bag, then hailed a cab, and returned to his apartment.

Upon completing the careful task of gift wrapping, he quickly shared four inspiration pictures to Jiwoong and Gyuvin, urging them to select one. They replied immediately and their responses aligned seamlessly with Ricky's anticipations, as they chose designs that were nothing short of exceptional. Without hesitation, Ricky swiftly forwarded his own chosen inspiration to the esteemed establishment via email.

Ricky, feeling exhausted from the effort he put into purchasing and preparing a special gift for his friend Jiwoong, quickly sent off an email before succumbing to his fatigue and drifting into a deep, uninterrupted sleep. His weariness was so overwhelming that he remained slumbering throughout the entire night, only waking up the following morning.

_______________________________

to be continued...