S E V E N

The phrase "Can we talk?" echoed relentlessly in Gyuvin's mind, causing his heart to race with such intensity that he feared it might give out at any instant, potentially resulting in a heart attack. The shock of those words made him speechless, and even though Jiwoong had uttered them more than two minutes ago, Gyuvin remained unable to create a response.

"Gyuvin?" Jiwoong's voice broke through the walls of Gyuvin's mind, pulling him back to reality with a start.

"Oh- sorry about that. But sure, what do you want to talk about?" Gyuvin quickly regained his composure and responded in a cheerful tone, attempting to conceal his nervousness.

"I just wanted to ask if you're willing to answer a survey for our study.", Jiwoong said. Upon uttering these words, Gyuvin couldn't help but release a relieved sigh. "But you can always decline if you don't want to-"

With great enthusiasm, Gyuvin eagerly responded, "I'll do it! Just send the link." His face lit up with a wide grin, despite knowing that the other person couldn't physically see him. The overwhelming nervousness that had consumed him started to disappear, allowing a sense of relief to wash over him. In that moment, the link for the survey finally arrived, he immediately began to answer the survey by diligently checking off the boxes.

'I felt nervous for nothing-'

"Really? Thank you! About the cafe too..." Jiwoong trailed off.

'Shit- I spoke too soon'

"I'm still surprised that you saw me differently. I mean that was the first time I was ever called cheerful, so I was genuinely excited. That must've startled you a lot, sorry."Jiwoong spoke with a hint of enthusiasm, allowing Gyuvin to imagine Jiwoong's facial expression in that moment.

"Don't be sorry, you were just excited there's nothing to be sorry for." Gyuvin quickly reassured the other. "Plus, you were really cute then-", Gyuvin's eyes widened in surprise as the words unexpectedly escaped his mouth.

"Am I? You're cuter though," Jiwoong teased.

'fuck this feels like cheating' As Gyuvin contemplated the situation, a wave of discomfort washed over him. In an instant, his mind raced, desperately searching for a way out of this conversation without giving off any signs of flirtation.

"Yeah, I am" Gyuvin chuckled, making Jiwoong to join in with his own laughter. "By the way, I've already completed the survey," he said trying to change the subject, proceeding to click the "submit" button.

"Thank you, Gyuvin! I owe you one!" Jiwoong said.

Gyuvin replied, "You're welcome! Byee~" before finally disconnecting the call.

"I should probably distance myself from the dude, that felt like cheating" Gyuvin mumbled. Coincidentally, at that very moment, a message from Ricky popped up on his phone, asking about his availability for the upcoming weekend.

"About time for me to act properly", After realizing that it was high time for him to step up and fulfill the responsibilities as a boyfriend, he playfully tapped his face a few times in an attempt to gather his thoughts and muster the courage. Finally, he mustered the confidence to send a "yes" to the blond, who had just asked him if he would be interested in going on a special date. Overwhelmed with excitement, he eagerly replied, "of course! ♥︎", expressing his genuine enthusiasm for the upcoming date. After some planning, the couple settled on a Saturday morning at 11 AM as the perfect time to go on their sweet date, eagerly anticipating the joy and connection that awaits them.

_______________________________

to be continued...