TWENTY THREE

"the most prestigious event on earth"

yerim's pov.

it was the day after mine and hao's date as i was currently stressing about something different (not boyfriend or fake boyfriend related for once!) as i registered the twitch ranks were releasing tomorrow.

i had completely forgotten about the whole point of mine and gunwook's fake relationship - to boost my twitch rank and be eligible for a brand deal - and had become too wrapped up in my own little acting escapade to even remember that it was almost the first of the month.

i was currently hunched over my desk, scouring over my creator dashboard and stalking my interactions page to see if i had a chance at scraping the top 10. however with the inability to compare mine to other streamers who i knew would occupy a top 10 spot, it basically just made me overthink even more if i had been successful enough this month.

god. being paid to play videogames is SUCH a hard job!!!

thankfully, i wasn't due to stream today as there was some 'streamer awards' being hosted later that i was invited to - as well as my friend group. despite the fact i was (obviously) not nominated for any (because they hate women), i was still looking forward to going and laughing at all the cringey speeches and shitty awards.

it was actually one of the only things i looked forward to every year, and with none of my friends or i ever winning anything it just made the entire duration of the evening a time to make fun of our own community.

however despite how badly i was looking forward to it, what i was not looking forward to was the twitch rankings announcement (as i may have said!) as i slammed my head onto my desk - knocking off some of the figurines i had on it with a thud.

i suddenly heard my bedroom door creek open as i turned to mashiros head peering around the corner. "are you okay...?" she eyed my hunched over form suspiciously as i just groaned

"does it look like i am ok, sakamoto mashiro." i grumbled as the girl at the door just rolled her eyes at my dramatacisms. "it's literally your favourite award show tonight, why are you not running off the walls like usual?"

"well MASHIRO. i forgot the twitch ranks come out tomorrow and now i am stressed OKAY." the girl just giggled as i sighed exasperatedly. "you're never nervous for them, what's changed?"

"whats changed?? i need to be top 10. or i will kill myself." i sat up and swivelled on my chair to face her as she was obviously not grasping the severity of my concerns (they weren't that deep)

"ok well, you just have to hope. staring at your creator dashboard won't make you get there..!" the elder just laughed at me as she forcefully grabbed my shoulders and forced me up from my sitting position.

"come help me and xiaoting cook lunch, maybe it will stop your whining.." she muttered the last part as i hit her on the shoulder playfully - allowing her to redirect my body towards the kitchen where xiaoting stood with a stupid apron on.