i'm fine

y/n has been feeling down for a couple days

tiny tw: depression

status: you and chris are together!

-

you woke up to another day. for the past few days you've been feeling really sad. no motivation to do anything. you haven't been in contact with your friends or even your own boyfriend, and you feel terrible.

an hour later you got out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush your teeth, not even going to eat first. the lack of motivation has effected your appetite. you checked your phone and see the 100+ unread messages from your friends and chris. matt and nick have tried to reach out too, but you ignored them. you just didn't want to get them into what you were going through.

your phone buzzed and you flipped it over off your nightstand to see chris calling you. giving in, you finally answered it.

"hello?" you mumbled.

"y/n! thank god. i thought something happened to you!" chris said. "what's been going on? are you okay? is everything okay?"

you sighed, "yeah, i'm fine."

lie #1.

"do you need me to come over? matt and nick have been asking about you; trying to get ahold." he asked.

"it's okay. i don't need company at the moment," you replied.

lie #2.

you missed chris. you missed seeing everyone, but your emotions were a mess. you were never the type to tell how you felt, it's mainly just expressing them.

"y/n, i love you so much. and i don't want to leave you hanging. not hearing you in a few days, then you saying you're okay, it doesn't add up," he said. he was starting to know.

you let out a small sigh again on the phone, sounding really tired.

"i love you too, chris. i'm sorry i've been AWOL. we'll talk again soon."

when you were about to take the phone off your ear, you heard chris say something.

"i'm going to come over. you do not sound fine," he said then hung up.

you looked at your phone with confusion when he hung up. the only reason why it didn't bother you was because you did want to see him.

-

fifteen minutes later you heard a knock on the door. you walked out of your room to the door and opened to see chris with a bouquet of flowers.

he hands them to you, "i got you these; your favorite."

you smiled and opened the door more to let him in. he closed the door behind him as you walked over to the vase in your kitchen and filled it with water, placing them in carefully. he's the sweetest.

"so can we talk?" chris asked, sitting on the couch. "what has been going on with you?"

the moment of truth. you have to tell your boyfriend what's been happening.

you sat down next to him, "i don't really know how to put it into words. i just haven't been doing well. these few days have been rough on me, and i don't know what to do."

tears started to form in your eyes. this was the first time you've cried in front of chris. you looked down with your eyes closed, feeling two tears go down your cheeks.

"i've just been trying to isolate myself from everyone," your voice cracks. "i don't want them to know what's been going on, but i miss you so much. and it hurts me even more that i didn't talk to you. i'm so sorry."

chris placed a hand on your cheek and lifted it up to look at him, wiping a tear off your cheek with his thumb.

"y/n, don't be sorry. i'm the one who should be sorry. i wished i notice something sooner. i wish i was able to come over sooner, but now when i'm here, i'm not going to leave your side until you're feeling better," he said.

you felt your heart tighten from you crying, but also from the love and comfort you got from chris.

he placed a piece of hair behind your hear, and heard your stomach growl.

"have you not been eating?" he asked concerned.

you looked down and shook your head no.

"we're getting you something to eat, y/n. it's important."

he pulled out his phone to order some food. not fast food, but meal-filling food for you.

-

the food arrives and chris gets it after the delivery driver drops it off. he puts the back on the counter in the kitchen and unravels it. he pulls out his box of food, and your box of food.

chris walks over with the plastic forks provided and hands you your food.

"thank you," you said, grabbing onto the hot box.

he smiled and nodded then sat back next to you on the couch. he started to eat his food right away but then you were just picking at it.

"babe, you got to eat," chris states.

"i know. but it's been so long since i've had a meal like this, i can't see myself to eat it," you replied.

"well, maybe try taking a drink of your water. it might settle your stomach more and would make you want to eat," he suggested. "usually when i do that after not eating for awhile, i wanna eat."

you nod your head and grabbed your water bottle, taking a sip.

with no food in your body you felt the water go down in your stomach and almost made you want to throw up. you notice your body is low on energy now after drinking the water.

it maade you give a cringe look, "okay. i'll try to eat now."

chris chuckled at your reaction while he saw you take a bite. few minutes later, you were almost done; feeling energized again.

-

chris took you and his boxes and throws them away in your trash can. you got up and start walking back to your room because you were tired.

"where you going?" you heard chris ask.

you turned around with your tired eyes, "i'm laying back down. i'm still pretty tired."

"if you don't want to go in there, you can stay out here and watch a tv show," you added.

"no no. i'm staying wherever you are staying. like i said i'm not leaving your side for awhile," he said. "i want you to be okay again."

you blushed at his kindness, and nodded your head accepting him to come to your room with you.

both of you guys laid down on the opposite sides of the bed. you were on your side and chris was on his back. you were just staring into space with the same sad expression on your face, feeling the same but this time fed.

"how are you feeling now?" chris asked, turning to his side to look at you.

"i feel happier you're here now, but at the same time i still feel like shit," you replied.

he placed a hand on your cheek and caressed it with his thumb, "look, i could never understand your exact emotion or anything you are going through, but i will do my best to help you through this time. words cannot express how much i'm in love with you. they can't even express how much i care about you. y/n i would do anything for you. i want you to be happy."

this is the most he's ever said. his words of affirmation really helped comfort you.

"whatever is happening, we'll go through it together," he took his hand off your cheek and held your hand.

you turned your head up to give him a kiss then snuggle your head into his chest. he got the hint and wrapped his arm around you, pulling you closer.

his scent relaxed you. it helped you feel less sad. hopefully in one or two days you'll be back to your cheerful self.

"i love you chris."