love at first sight

chris takes one look at you and instantly develops a crush

status: you and chris haven't met

-

chris' pov

"nick, matt come on we're gonna be late!" i yelled.

tonight was madi's birthday. she decided to rent out a venue for the night for a huge party with all of her friends. 

nick and matt were taking forever getting ready, and we were already running late.

"chris shut the fuck up we'll be there in a minute!" nick snaps back.

i rolled my eyes and went on my phone waiting impatiently for them. finally, they walked out of their rooms.

"we're ready," matt said with some attitude.

"fuck finally! now let's go!" i said raising my voice. i was irritated.

-

we arrive at the party. the theme was more formal like so we showed up in the correct attire; wearing a suit and tie.

i see madi walking up to us all happy and giving nick a hug first.

"it's the birthday girl!" nick yelled.

"happy birthday madi!" i said, giving her a hug.

she gives matt a hug and thanks us for coming.

"you look so good!" nick said complimenting madi.

she was wearing a silver sparkly dress with her hair curled. 

"thank you nick! i try my best because after all, it is my birthday!" madi said with a smirk.

we all laughed and hung with her for a little. laura calls her off to give a proper speech appreciating everyone for coming and that there would be time for cake soon.

-

matt, nick, and i go over to where they were serving drinks. i of course grabbed my pepsi, nick grabbed a coke, and matt grabbed a root beer. the sound of us opening the cans happened in unison, we were all parched.

i zone out until i see this gorgeous girl, about our age, walking over to the stand where we were at wearing a gorgeous red dress with her hair curled and pinned back. she was beautiful, not one flaw about her.

"chris?" nick waved his hand in front of me. "hello? earth to chris, are you there?"

i shook my head and blinked, going back into focus.

"yeah what's up?" i asked, taking a sip out of my soda.

"we were talking to you for 20 seconds and all you did was stare into space. what could you have been staring at?" matt asked.

"oh, nothing. i must have just zoned out," i replied.

the girl i was looking at earlier walked closer to us and got herself a water. i felt her eyes look at mine and gave me an awkward smile. did i for real make this weird? was my eye contact creeping her out?

she turns back and looks at matt and nick, "hey. you guys must be the triplets madi was talking about."

"yeah that's us. my name's nick," he introduced himself.

"i'm matt."

nick and matt turn to look at me waiting for me to say something.

"oh- i- i'm chris," i stuttered.

her smile turned into a nice one now, "nice to meet you guys. i'm one of madi's best friends, y/n."

"nice to meet you too. how long have you and madi known each other?" nick asked.

"god it has to have been years now. i remember meeting her in middle school and have been close ever since, "she responded.

-

nick and matt talked to y/n a little. they were getting to know each other more. i couldn't help but just look at her, admiring her. i didn't realize how long it has gone since i said something. 

"well. i got to go but it was very nice talking to you guys. maybe we can hang out sometime!" she said.

"we're down! we can talk to madi about going out to do something!" nick agreed.

she waves then walks away to talk to madi for a little.

"dude. you did not peep a word when we were talking to her," matt called me out.

"yeah what was all that about?" nick asked.

i just stood there with my mouth open, trying to get words out but nothing was coming out. i was just stuttering again.

"woah. chris did you have something for her?" nick asked in shock.

"what? no," i chuckled awkwardly. "we just met the girl th- there's no way i can- i can have something for her."

i tried to keep it cool but my brothers saw right through me.

"chris got a little crush!" nick teased.

"shut up no i don't!" i tried to defend myself but it was true.

y/n was very beautiful and extremely nice.