39.

It's been two days since I was discharged from hospital. I am staying at Becky's brother richie'z home. He is a footballer. So he doesn't stay much at his house. He goes to practice early morning everyday. So the house is empty most of the time. Sam and kath loves the background play house their uncle got them. So everything is going well. But I am still thinking about my friends in prison I have to do something.

" Babe! I need to go somewhere! Can I use your car?" I asked becky. I was bored sitting home all day. Becky still got things to do. But I don't.

" You don't have to ask...!" She answered from the kitchen.

I grabbed the keys and left. I heard her asking " but why do you need them..? You're still at bed rest!"

But I already left.

I texted her though. Cause I knew her she would be pissed if she learned that I left home to meet nam.

Babe: I AM GOING OUT TO GET SOME FRESH AIR. PROBABLY GONNA SPEND SOME TIME READING AT THE FIELD. COME FIND ME WHEN YOU THINK I HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO MYSELF.

I wrote that cause I knew she respected my space and she won't come looking for me until it's lunch time. That means I can come back before she comes to the field.

BB: OKAY BABE. JUST DON'T TIRED YOURSELF. I WILL COME TO YOU AT LUNCH TIME WITH SAM AND KATH SO WE CAN HAVE A PICNIC...😘😘🧺

She is so cute even when she is texting.

I rushed to the prison. It was a one hour drive.

I reached there in time. I called and took permission beforehand.

I waiting for them. Since they are still in the middle of the trial they are in the holding up cell. I wait eagerly to see them. Until nam finally comes through the door handcuffed with two lady cops.

" Five minutes!." The lady cop lefts.

We are in a room with many tables and many inmates meeting their families.

" It's different then I thought! But the prison is good. Is your hand good? " Nam said.

I can't speak anymore. I couldn't stop my tears any longer.

" Oh! Why are you crying...?"

" It's all for me.... it's all because of me." I started crying.

" Yeah! It is. But I feel like it's my fault too." She said.

"Nam. I'll get you out." I said giving a smile.

" No! The f*ck you're not. I worked so hard for all these years just to give you a f*cking normal life. And now that I finally able to deliver that to you. You wanna f*cking ruin that chance...? Listen here....! You are not doing anything. You are gonna live a normal life a happy safe life with your wife and kids. So leave still you can..!" She said and stand up.

My tears knew no bounds. I looked at her with more pride.

" Sit down!" A loud voice was heard. The guards  saw nam stand up and shouted.

Nam calms and sits down.

" Listen freen. Go home. And sex up that woman of yours and play with your kids. Forget about us. Forget that we ever existed...!" She stood and prepared to leave.

I saw her go.

I couldn't condemn myself anymore. I ran and hugged her tightly.

She was very surprised too.

" Freen you know this is the second time you hugged me like this. First time you hugged me when you entered this life. And now that you're leaving it. Good luck buddy. Live your happy life. You deserve it." She held my hands.

She then broke the hug and held my hand then kissed it.

" Don't tell Becky I kissed you." She smiled. Although I can only see the pain in that smile.

We often distance ourselves from our own friends without knowing. Then one day we relise that, that was our last moment together when we rushed home. Without knowing we waste our last goodbye. Without even saying goodbye we drift apart. And regret our whole life telling ourselves...if I had known that would be our last meeting I would've spent it like this or like that. Or I could've hugged her little bit tighter making her relise how important she was for me. Or just said thank you for existing. But we don't get that chance.

But not me. i knew it was our last goodbye. She knew too. She started to go go back but paused and run back to me and hugged me tightly.

" Thank you for existing in my life."she said, i hugged her trying to hold my tears.

The guards are in surprise.

" Thank you for existing in this world. Even if we didn't meet but the world is better just by your existence." I whisper back.

We were talking in thai so the guards were more puzzled.

" You're time's up." One guard said.

This sentence lit a fire in me. I looked at them with fire in my eyes still hugging her.

" Thank god you don't have a gun here." She said smiling and parting the hug.

" Well the guards still got guns..." i said.

She just smiled and went back with the cops. Somehow it feels like the last goodbye to them. They are gonna send back to thailand tomorrow and I'll most probably never see them or know what happened to them.

I smile as much as I can untill she is completely out of site.

...........

P'freen must be hungry....

" Kids I told you to hurry up. Your mom gonna be grumpy now. You know how she is when she is hungry.!" I held kath's hand while she was dragging sam behind.

I told p'freen we'll have a picnic but the preparation took too must time. Now it's almost evening. P'freen can't handle hunger at all. I am panicking.

I hope she ate something at the park.

" Mommy. Don't worry....you can just use your cute puppy face..!" Said sam making my famous puppy face that p'freen can't resist.

" Humm! When mom's hungry she becomes hangry...hihihihi." kath said smiling.

" You two are teaching me...! There your mom.!" I saw p'freen sitting by the pond looking at the pond.

" Mom..!" Sam and kath ran towards their mom.

I slowly sat down beside her after placing a picnic mat on the grass. She gets on it with the kids. Then they goes to play but p'freen stays  P'freen is still holding her sandwich in her hand.

" You went to meet with her.?" I ask. I knew the meaning of that silence.

She looks back and doesn't answer. Just her eyes. It is filled with tears like she just lost her most precious jem.