The Disappearance of Sunny Sramek (2019)

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
THE DISAPPEARANCE OF
SUNNY SRAMEK
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Name: Sunny Jayy SramekAge: 18 years oldLast seen: April 20, 2019Location: Trenton, NebraskaStatus: Still Missing

Age: 18 years old
Last seen: April 20, 2019
Location: Trenton, Nebraska
Status: Still Missing

• CASE INFORMATION •

18-year-old Sunny Sramek was last seen in Trenton, Nebraska on April 20, 2019. She disappeared while traveling to Omaha with a male acquaintance.

• BACKGROUND •

Sunny Jayy Sramek was born on February 23, 2001 in McCook, Nebraska to parents Paula Johnson and Jody Sramek. She grew up in Trenton, Nebraska and attended McCook High School.

At the time of her disappearance, Sunny was living with her mother in Trenton, Nebraska and was working on getting her GED.

• DISAPPEARANCE •

On April 20, 2019, Sunny Sramek was last seen in Trenton, Nebraska when she left with 42 year old Floyd Clifford Coates in his vehicle, a white 2004 Ford Explorer with the Iowa license plate number HGJ341.

It is unknown how Coates and Sramek knew one another, but the two were allegedly en route to Omaha, Nebraska, about 300 miles away, where they planned to pick up the man's nieces.

Around 12:45 pm, Sramek called her mother on a borrowed phone, telling her she was in Holdrege, Nebraska. Everything seemed fine at the time and Sramek said she planned to be back home that evening.

Sunny Sramek never returned home and hasn't been heard from since.

On April 21, 2019, her mother filed a missing person's report with the Hitchcock County Sheriff's office when she couldn't contact her daughter.

• INVESTIGATION •

On a call made on April 20, Floyd Clifford Coates told Sramek's mother that he and Sramek went to the Prairie Flower Casino in Carter Lake, Iowa, and stayed there from 9:00 pm to midnight.

Sramek stayed in the truck outside because the minimum age for casino gambling in Iowa was 21. When Coates returned to his vehicle around midnight he says Sramek was nowhere to be seen.

Coates later changed his story and said they stopped at an unspecified gas station in Omaha to refuel. He claimed he went inside to pay for the gas but upon returning Sramek was gone.

Coates has a criminal record in Kansas, Iowa, and Nebraska, which include convictions for sale and possession of drugs, possession of a deadly weapon, battery, and theft among other offenses.

On August 1, 2023, the FBI announced that they were offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to Sunny, or for the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible in her disappearance.

• WHEREABOUTS •

Foul play is suspected in Sunny Sramek's disappearance, but authorities have not named a person of interest or suspect in her case.

The circumstances of Sunny's disappearance remain unclear and her case is currently classified as missing. Her case remains unsolved.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to Sunny, or for the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for her disappearance.

• APPEARANCE •

Physical Description:White female born on February 23, 2001

White female born on February 23, 2001. Sunny has brown hair, blue eyes, stands 5'7 tall, and weighs 183 pounds.

Distinctive Physical Features:
Sunny has a tattoo of a feather with the letters "FLY" on her left shoulder, and a tattoo of a tribal sun in red ink on her right ankle. Her ears and nose are pierced.

Sunny has multiple scars on her body, including a rectangular scar on the back of her right shoulder, a small square scar in the center of her forehead, scars on her shin and ankle from a bike accident, chicken pox scars on her face, and cuts on h...

Sunny has multiple scars on her body, including a rectangular scar on the back of her right shoulder, a small square scar in the center of her forehead, scars on her shin and ankle from a bike accident, chicken pox scars on her face, and cuts on her arm.

Clothing and Accessories:
Sunny was last seen wearing a black tank top and denim shorts. She was carrying a hooded sweatshirt and a pair of jeans.

• INVESTIGATING AGENCY •

If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Sunny Sramek please contact the Hitchcock County Sheriff's Office at (308) 334-5444, or the Federal Bureau of Investigation at (402) 493-8688.