The Disappearance of Lisa Irwin (2011)

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
THE DISAPPEARANCE OF
LISA IRWIN (2011)
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

In 2011, the world came to know baby Lisa Irwin when the media began reporting every parent's worst nightmare: A 10-month-old had vanished from her crib in the middle of the night

Baby Lisa's parents went public to beg for her return, and an anonymous benefactor even offered a $100,000 reward. Yet more than 10 years after her disappearance, authorities still don't know what happened that night. Conflicting stories and timelines have led to various Lisa Irwin theories. Regardless, Lisa's family and those invested in her case still hold out hope for her safe return.

Missing children have been found decades after they initially went missing, which gives hope to those who continue to search for baby Lisa. Also, technological advances can lead to new information. Read on to find out what we know about baby Lisa Irwin's disappearance and any updates on the case.

When Jeremy Irwin, an electrician and father from Kansas City, MO, arrived home from work at 4 am on October 4, 2011, he knew something wasn't right: The lights were on inside his home and the front door was open. Upon checking his infant daughter Lisa's room, he found the 10-month-old was not in her crib. Lisa's half brothers, ages 5 and 8, were sound asleep and safe in the home. Irwin woke up Lisa's mother, Deborah Bradley, and after discovering she was just as confused as he was, they made a frantic call to 911.

Bradley told authorities she had checked on Lisa twice that evening before going to bed around 11 pm, and the baby had been asleep. The couple surmised that somehow between the hours of 11 pm and 4 am, someone had broken into their home and taken the baby. Authorities immediately began their investigation in the surrounding area and sent out an Amber alert.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Deborah Bradley, Lisa's Mom, Had Been
Drinking With A Friend And Couldn't
Remember When She Last Saw Lisa
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

During initial questioning by police, Bradley said she had checked on the baby twice before going to bed on the night of October 3. She later confessed that she was actually unsure whether she had checked on the baby due to being intoxicated that night.

Bradley revealed that she and a neighbor, Samantha, had consumed a large amount of alcohol at the Irwin home between 6:30 and 10:30 pm. Bradley estimated she'd had from five to 10 glasses of wine in that time frame. Samantha's daughter, who'd been at the Irwin house as well, said she'd seen Bradley put the baby down in the crib at some point that evening. Samantha's daughter and Bradley's older children played together while their mothers sat outside and drank. At one point, another neighbor, Shane came over and spent some time speaking to the women on the front porch. He didn't recall hearing or seeing any children.