11. An unfortunate night

Sanvi called the ambulance, she was in shock. There was soo much blood oozing out of Dhruva's head. He was partly unconscious. He tried to tell her something but he soon passed out. Sanvi called Yash several times but it got disconnected. She sat down by Dhruva, covering his head with her palm in attempt to stop the bleeding.  She didn't know what to do until the ambulance arrived. She kept on saying, "Hey Dhruva, Look at me, Can you hear me, I've called the ambulance".

In panic she dialled Trishas number, As soon as Trisha picked the call, Sanvi started frantically yelling "Trisha, Trisha, there's an ... accident, Theres lot of bleeding, Dhurva, he's not responding".

Trisha's heart dropped, "Saanu calm down, where are you, I'll immediately come, Are you fine?, send me the location."

Sanvi was shivering at this point, she sent her location to Trisha. She knew it would take a lot of time for Trisha to come as she lives far. She felt helpless and lonely. She saw Dhruva, who lay unconscious on her lap and thought "He left early, what happened, how long has he been laying here? God, Where is Yash when we need him, He's his best friend, shouldn't he be aware?" 

Sanvi felt a gut wrenching pain, She just couldn't see Dhruva in this condition. She thought she was stronger than this and saw Dhruva's phone lying beside him. She took it and unlocked. To her surprise, There was no password at all. She opened his contacts to call his family. She searched "Mom". There were no results. She searched "dad". Phone showed one result named "Dad PA". She saw it in disbelief. She had so many questions. 

She was about to call when her phone started ringing. 

It was Yash, "Sanvi, How's he? Is it bad? Don't worry, I am coming, Trisha called"

Yash sounded really worried, as if he was about to breakdown. Sanvi asked him if she has to call his dads PA. Yash said, in a stern voice "NO, DON'T CALL, I'll be there in few minutes".

Sanvi heard the ambulance siren, She sat with Dhruva as he lay on the ambulance bed. She saw his face which was half covered with blood. She felt a keen pain in her heart, she was scared. She knew nothing about him and yet there was an unknown connection that had formed. She asked Dhruva in her mind "what have you done to me?, who are you?, Why shouldn't I call you parents when you are in this condition?"

Sanvi texted Trisha and Yash to meet her at the hospital. Dhruva was rushed to the emergency room. Sanvi called her dad and informed, he asked her to stay safe and come home as Dhruvas parents arrive.

As Sanvi sat on the hospital chair, she saw her hand, covered in Dhruvas blood, she was overwhelmed. She had so many thoughts and questions in her mind. She heard rushed footsteps, It was Yash, he was running towards her. 

"Sanvi, Where is Dhruva, Is he okay? Oh my god, why is there so much blood on your hands, are you alright?"

He said all these things in a go and hugged Sanvi tightly. Sanvi felt a warmth, For some reason , this felt comforting and safe. 

She bursted into tears. " I don't know... I..I was driving back and saw someone lying on the side of the road, to my horror it was Dhruva, his.. his head was badly hurt..there was soo much blood."

Yash was equally scared. He still reassured Sanvi that Dhruva will be fine. He left Sanvi and was holding her hand. Sanvi felt that Yash's hands were trembling. She saw his face, it was filled with a worry, his forehead was wrinkly and eyes were moist. She asked him why he refused her to call his parents. 

"Shouldn't they be the first people to know?" She asked.

"It's just that.....His father....doesn't really care and...his mother passed away when he was 3", Yash replied.

Sanvi was shook when she heard this, she felt a faint pain in her heart, she just wanted to barge into the ER and hug Dhruva.

"I'll call his dads PA, you don't worry" said Yash in a caring tone and got up to call.

Trisha was there too, she hugged Sanvi and was seeing Yash talk on phone.

As they were sitting, the doctor came out of ER.

Sanvi and Yash rushed towards the doctor.