Frozen Memory

The tree stood tall, and was covered in gorgeous decorations. Themis and Thomas had decorated the tree with strings of berries and popped corn, as well as canes of peppermint and bells of chocolate. Thomas had caught Themis attempting to steal said chocolate several times, and threatened to take away tree decorator privileges when he did. Janus helped Themis do a better job of sneaking treats after that, which lead to an awfully suspicious giggling that got the child caught anyways.

     Meanwhile, Patton and Virgil had been baking cookies in the kitchen. Well, Patton was baking cookies. Virgil was sitting on the counter and handing Patton the ingredients and tools when he asked for them. Every gingerbread cookie was different. One had a top hat on his head and held a cane. Another had antlers and curly hair. Two had wings, but they were different because one wore a dress and the other held a weapon. There was a cookie that looked like it was laying down in a relaxed position with its hands beneath its head, and another cookie that looked rather ordinary except Patton used a little extra dough to give it a necktie. There was a cookie of a man holding up the sun, and one of a woman holding up the moon. There was a small cookie with devil horns, and Patton burst into giggles when Virgil joked that it resembled him.

     There was also a snake, a heart, a brain, a shield, a sword, a storm cloud, a sun, a moon, and a fire shaped cookie. Virgil tilted his head a bit as he watched Patton put the tray into the oven, then chuckled a little. "Was Wodahs supposed to be joining us on this trip?" Virgil asked. Patton turned and looked at Virgil, then shrugged. "I'm not sure... I think she's keeping an eye on the sky for Thomas? Wait, no... Time stopped... Uh..." Patton attempted to answer. "I don't know, honestly. Maybe ask Thomas." Patton suggested. Virgil nodded, and then climbed off the counter and headed off to find Thomas.

     "Now Themis. Roman and Logan are upstairs wrapping all our presents right now. If you keep stealing from the tree-" Thomas began. He gave a small glare to Janus, who was trying not to chuckle at the scene. "-then I might have to tell them not to wrap yours. You don't want that, do you?" Thomas warned.

     "Now, father. Is that really reasonable? I don't see you threatening to take the presents of other's away when they misbehave." Janus asked innocently. Thomas glared a bit more as Janus gave an innocent smile and reached for one of the chocolate bells. Thomas sighed as a Janus split the chocolate with Themis, therefore allowing him zero consequences.

     "Hey, Thomas? Pat and I were wondering if Wodahs is joining us." Virgil asked. He looked around the living room with a curious expression as Thomas turned to smile at him. "I'm afraid not. She had plans with the smaller Gods." Thomas informed him. "Ah, alright." Virgil replied. He shrugged, then turned to leave. "Okay, that's all then. Have fun eating the decorations." He  stated as he left the room. This caused Themis to grin even more, and clap his hands before stealing a candy cane.

     "Virgil!" Thomas scolded half heartedly. Virgil had already left, however. Thomas sighed and took the candy cane from Themis, who whined in complaint as Thomas hung it on the tree. Janus chuckled, and picked Themis up to sit him on his shoulder. "Do you want to know a secret?" Janus asked as he pulled an ornament out of a box. "Yes!" Themis replied excitedly. "This tree is a wishing tree." Janus whispered. He handed Themis a star topper, and the child gasped as he took it into his hands. "You put this on the top of the tree, and wish for something with all your might. Then perhaps, by the time the days start to get longer again, it will come true." Janus informed Themis.

     Themis giggled, and excitedly stretched his arms towards the tree top. He placed the star on top of it, and whispered a wish to himself. After that, Janus set him back down. Without warning, Themis ran off in a fit of laughter, leaving Thomas and Janus behind to finish the tree themselves. "He certainly is a handful..." Janus commented as he shook his head. "That he is..." Thomas agreed. He studied an ornament in his hands, a glass ball with a photo of Patton inside of it. He put it on the tree before pulling out a similar ornament with a photo of Roman inside of it.