Becoming Close Part Three

"Question 28: Tell your partner what you like about them. Be very honest this time, saying things you might not say to someone you first met." Logan read. "I mean, we've already said nice things about each other. And I know I've already been far more honest with you than I would be with a stranger." Roman huffed. "Would you like to skip this question then?" Logan asked. "No, it's fine... Let's see..." Roman sighed before pausing to think.

     "I like how... Not easy going, because we've worked together before and when it comes to work you are not easy going... but adaptable? Flexible, that's what I mean. I like how flexible you've been, I know this is out of your comfort zone so, thanks for giving me a chance." Roman told him. "Thank you. I appreciate your patience with me while I navigate this." Logan replied.

     Roman nodded and studied the stars. "Oh, I... I like it when you get passionate about something! Like, really into it. I don't usually understand a single word you're saying when you get like that, but it makes me excited too. You have this spark in your eyes when you get really excited about something, and you could go on for hours about it. Even if I can't keep up with you, I still think it's pretty cool to watch you race off in the distance. Figuratively, of course." Roman added.

     "I try my best to contain my excitement... Going on rants isn't productive." Logan admitted. "So? You need to be able to enjoy your life, Logan." Roman responded. "Perhaps." Logan sighed, pausing to think about what he would say.

     "While you do have many insecurities, you do seem to have this confidence about you, this feeling of optimism and certainty. You always seem to act as if you know everything's going to be okay. You're always trying to get the most out of every day, and you'd incredibly dedicated to helping others get the most out of their lives. I think that's admirable." Logan informed him.

     "Aw, you're making me blush." Roman chuckled. "I didn't mean to fluster you, I believe we agreed to keep things platonic, yes?" Logan clarified. "Oh, yeah, don't worry. I'm flattered, not flustered." Roman assured him. "Alright." Logan replied.

     "Okay, Question 29." Roman began as Logan handed him the paper. He grinned and sat up, giving Logan a look of excitement. "Oh, this will be good. Share with your partner and embarrassing moment in your life." Roman read. "Oh dear." Logan sighed, still staring at the stars. "There was that one time when I accidentally spilled Crofters onto my lap." Logan recalled. "Boring, I already knew that one." Roman huffed, though he did laugh a bit at the memory. "Your brother called me crotchers for about a century." Logan stated, causing Roman to burst into laughter.

     Logan rolled his eyes. "Your turn." He prompted. Roman heaved for breath as his laughter calmed down. "Okay, okay... uh... Can I get a free pass here? My date friend zoned me. I think that's embarrassing." Roman requested. "I thought it was a mutual agreement." Logan replied, looking at Roman with concern. "I'm just teasing, don't worry." Roman dismissed. "Hmm... Okay, fine. Virgil once walked in on me while I was trying on something not quite my style. I was experimenting with an e-boy aesthetic, around a decade ago. He called me e-patches for two years after that." Roman told him.

     "That sounds like something Virgil would find amusing." Logan said with a smile as Roman handed back the paper. "Question thirty: When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?" Logan read.

     "Oh, the last time I cried in front of someone else was a bout a month ago. I was frustrated and venting to Patton because of all the people that are hurting each other using my name, all the miscommunication and drama and abuse that happens under the word love. It can be depressing, to say the least, when something that's supposed to be this grand and wonderful thing is used in a horrible way. I felt like a failure, and started crying, and Patton was there to comfort me." Roman answered. "The last time I cried by myself was a couple of weeks ago. I was having a nightmare." Roman added.